Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    A few questions I need help on as a newbie
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A few questions I need help on as a newbie
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Well we have been sorting through the 40 ft Regency

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...27936&category=50056

Changed all fluids and filters, put in new shocks, put in Gale Banks flow through muffler and fixed leaking fuel pump on generator. Mechanically she is very sound, structurally incredible and flat hauls the mail easily. The 8.9 L cummings pulls the 32000lb unit around like its nothing and was designed to pull a 90000lb load cross country for a million miles. So I am extremely pleased so far, the structural integrity is remarkable for such a large unit.

Here are the items I need help with. There are a few items I cant identify on the coach and I will take pics over the next few days and post them asking for help figuring out what they are and what they do.

The AC/vent system in the dash just blows hot and hotter on vent ac etc...so I am sure there is a vacuum activated flapper or something I am missing that should let the cool air in. AC may also need freon, compressor kicks on ok, any thoughts?

I need to drain and flush all the tanks, grey, black and water, any procedures or thoughts on how to do it would really be appreciated.

I need someone honest in the DFW TX area to help me on knick knacks and coach related mods.If he /she does mobil service that is even better.

I have the mechanical covered now through a place called Mac's Performance on 377 South of Benbrook and north of Cresson. His knowledge, facility and integrity is refreshing. Great help and highly recommend especially on service, maintainance and performance upgrades.

I will try to figure out how to post pics and will begin to fill in the missing pieces with everyones help! Any and all thoughts and input are appreciated.

Posts: 7 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody?
Really need some insight on flushing out grey and black plus floush and fill on water.
thx!

Posts: 7 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Boy, I remember this coach, what a show piece; a stunning vehicle in every way.

Concerning dash air, I can't help you but it sounds like you are on the right course. I know you will get a lot more valuable info tomorrow.

As far as the waste tanks are concerned. Obviously, you have to go to a dump station at a local RV park or a major truck stop on the freeway. Now, (I am touching my chin with my right index finger) did your coach come with a macerator pump. If so good for you but if you have one of those, Jay Teasley will fill you in on that tomorrow, he has one in his 1995 Wonder Barth.

As we discussed in another thread recently your toilet and bath sink probably go into the black and your shower and kitchen go into gray. You need to have a sewer hose like this one:

I am sure you have a compartment with all of the pull levers which on your coach should be easily marked black and gray. Always empty the black first and then the gray to clean out the sewer hose.

If you are in a RV park and have the sewer hose hooked up for days close the valves and only dump when the tanks are at least 1/4 full and of course before you leave.

Now what we do after flushing, if we have a hose, is pour some water in the tank. We haven't ever filled it up but maybe 1/2 full or so and then flush it. If there isn't a hose available we will just fill the toilet a couple times and flus the toilet and then fill the kitchen sink a couple times and empty it. However, if you are leaving the campground on Sunday afternoon you will probably be in a line to dump. Then we just dump and then put some water in the tanks with the toilet and sink and dump in some chemicals.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post