Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Full LPG Tank, No Gas Supplied to Coach
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Full LPG Tank, No Gas Supplied to Coach
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
In general, the simplest explanation works out to be the right one.

After replacing the regulator, I still got little to no gas to the stove, etc. My control panel said the tank was full.

My brainstorm was to remove the "fill level plug". If there was any propane, I should see it and hear it and smell it out of this port.

No propane came out. I got it filled with 10 gallons of LP and the stove and the fridge are happy to play with me again.

So there is an electrical failure mode that will result in the indicator lights saying the tank is full even though it is empty.

Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 528 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Well, you didn't fix it but you know what's wrong and that's half the battle. For future searchers, I'll say if you run out of LP and re-fill, don't forget to bleed the lines, using the stove is easiest. Turn it on and flick a lighter till it lights. I'm talking older coaches, but most of ours are.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post