Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Water tank overflowing
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Water tank overflowing
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted
This weekend was our FIRST trip in our Barth! By and large we had fun and it was great time together for our family, sons ages, 2, 4 and 5.

I had one problem. When I hooked up at the campsite to the city water, the water eventually started overflowing through the garden hose fill port even out the vent. It kept overflowing and I had to eventually disconnect the direct city water hookup and just operate off the water pump.

I have the "Auto Tank Fill" option. Could there be some sort of stuck relay where the auto tank fill
doesn't close off and therefore the water coming in from the city water connection keeps filling the tank and eventually runs out the garden hose fill port?

K&E

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The auto fill valve is actually a gas valve. A switch in the FW tank activates the valve. Either the switch or the valve could be bad.

There should be a cutout valve that can be closed; it's in the same line as the autofill valve.

You didn't post what coach you have, but on most the valve is under the sofa, accessible by pulling down the front cover.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Just so happens I took a pic of this for my records the other day. the valve that is open on the top right of pic has to be closed for city & open for pump. There are 3 drain valves one is hiding under the yellow fabric in the pic. It is open in this pic because we were filling tanks w/bleach solution to sanitize for summer use.
Tere

We have an '84 Regal

Hope this helps

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
On my Breakaway, I have a manual over ride valve that if opened, will fill the tank and will overflow if left on. It is located under the couch in the same area as the autofill solenoid.

I use this valve when filling because the flow rate is high, but if left on will over fill the tank.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post