Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Remove chassis airconditioning?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Remove chassis airconditioning?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it's easier than it looks - if there's clearance, just going to a shorter belt will work. It would be very rare for the A/C to have the belt tensioning adjustment on the A/C compressor.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Rusty on my 1976 Barth the A/C unit is used for the belt tension for the A/C, water pump, power steering, fly wheel. There is an adjustment on the power steering pump which has two belts, but its used for the power steering fly wheel tension.

Thanks Guys I may try with only one belt for the power steering unit.

Ralph

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, it's unusual for the A/C compressor its ownself to be adjustable, much less for belt tension on a multiple-pulley belt.

But then, don't listen to me - on my somewhat standard Class C, the shop went through 13 A/C compressors before finding the correct one - heretofore, due to the lack of offset of the pulley, the A/C belt rubbed on the P/S pulley. The original was replaced 3/05, and I got about 6K miles out of the replacement before the belt wore and rolled, making the chassis A/C useless. And I never noticed it after the orginal replacement, yet I always usually check work on any of my vehicles...DUH!

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post