Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    454 engine dies quits loses all electrical power
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

454 engine dies quits loses all electrical power
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/09
Picture of Turbodoc
posted Hide Post
Mine did this a few years ago, it was the ignition switch. Once that was replaced it ran fine. Found one at a chevy dealer in San Antonio, TX.

Larry A. Barry DDS
2006 Tiffin Zephyr
NV5I

Posts: 59 | Location: Amarillo, Texas | Member Since: 02-20-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
For a time, I sure thought it could be the ignition switch. The more I thought about the smoke from the tach dial and because it would restart and act like nothing happened when I took my foot off of the accelerator, made me look elsewhere....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K&E:
The more I thought about the smoke from the tach dial and because it would restart and act like nothing happened when I took my foot off of the accelerator, made me look elsewhere....

Yeah, it would me, too.

The foot on the accelerator relates to BMEP or throttle position or manifold vacuum, all of which are related.

The wisp of smoke in the tach relates to the distributor.

The distributor is common to both of the above.

It could also be the electronic module acting up. I have seen HEI coils act up with throttle position (BMEP) but a module would be a new one to me.

Armchair diagnosis, of course. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post