Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Subaru Legacy Shut down
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Subaru Legacy Shut down
 Login now/Join our community

<jiggy1974>
posted
I own a 1993 Subaru Legacy which has never given me a problem in the years that I've had it until yesterday. I was driving in our town, when I became able to hear the sound of my turn signals in the radio speakers. After that the radio cut in and out, and the car eventually just died at a stop sign. I was unable to restart it, and I went into a local business for help. About 10 minutes later, I found 3 gentlemen who pushed the car to the side of the road. I tried to turn the car on again and it started right away. I let the car idle when I got home to see if I could duplicate the shut down, but nothing happened. Could it have just been a fluke due to extremely cold weather that we are having in Ohio...windchills -25....or should I be worried? Any suggestions...Thanks~ Bekkah

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Sound like the REF & steps on my Barth!They are doing all kind of crazy thing!You can touch the cover for the control board it switch to GAS,Elect,Battery.The steps work when they want to,but if you start to check them they work!

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
One question I'm sure our electrical experts will ask is how much moisture was on the road when you were traveling. Salt melted snow and ice being thrown up under the car and such extreme temps could have shorted something out upon re-freezing. This wouldn't happen when you're idling so the problem wouldn't repeat itself. Make sense?

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbiebarth2:
Sound like the REF & steps on my Barth!They are doing all kind of crazy thing!You can touch the cover for the control board it switch to GAS,Elect,Battery.The steps work when they want to,but if you start to check them they work!

Jay,
It sounds like you need an exorcism.... I just ordered a new 39 series Kwikee for our Regal/454. What with the cost of diesel these days and your "spook" problem, how about trading Barths, straight across? I'll take the chance.

Well, you can't blame me for trying...;-)
Cheers, John

[This message has been edited by John & Irene (edited December 21, 2004).]

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
That old Barth has acting funny every since it went to FL.Maybe has "X" on it or warm weather & rain got it all"SPOOK" up!Need to go "WEST" again I guess!

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
One thing I found right away with my 28 foot Regal is a lot of the superfluous electrical wiring is somewhat perilously routed through the exposed underbody of the coach. This would include the step wiring, as well as the little light above the step. The airhorns etc. etc. Ditto that with the tailight, stereo, rear window defroster wiring on my wifes Saturn SC2. When developing circuit board head sinks for NATO fighter jets, I was able to short out epoxy coated heatsinks after cycling through a salt water chamber. So now we have cheap small gage wire hanging in salt water at minus 20+.....yep anything can happen. Just happened today on my sons 1992 Explorers spark plug wires. They call it ignition wiring now...

As far as the suburu is concerned, I bet you will find a place where wet wires are laying across one or another. If you can find it and isolated with a few twists of electrical tape then you should be OK..

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
2 degrees f? Are you nuts?

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post