Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Hot water heater
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hot water heater
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
My heater stopped working on our last trip for no reason at all. There is one wire that has a spade type clip that is just hanging. There are three wires that are attached to the tank and I can't see where there are anymore connections. It is brown . I guess I'd better start looking at some of the local tanks to see what they have. My tank has to be removed from the outside. I suppose that it could be the circuit board and I could call Dinosar Products to see what a new board costs.

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
I bought a board last year and there was an extra wire. If it tries to fire, but just won't light; try cleaning the combustion tube. I do it with a water hose spray nozzle and spray on the top left corner. This causes the trash and dirt daubers to flow toward the burner.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Dennis,
I had my water heater stop a few weeks ago, and is seemed that the gas valve was not opening. I checked each of the two control solenoids for operation by switching the wires feeding each, with the other, and listing for a very quiet ‘click’. This found that one of the solenoids was not working. I removed the gas valve, (gas shut off) and removed the solenoid coil, and unwound, repaired the break, and rewound the coil, and replaced, tested, and it all worked again. Hope this helps.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post