Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    box in water compartment
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

box in water compartment
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
posted
1989 regency, there is a black box in the water pump compartment that has 2 hoses to it, some wires and a flexible duct. Whenever the coach 12v power on I can hear it run. Does any know what it is or how to turn it off
Thanks
Glenn

Posts: 14 | Location: KcMo | Member Since: 02-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That may be a water fed heater that gets its water from the main engine and the switch may be on dash near your radio, or maybe over the entry door. As you know Barth did not make all units alike, and you may need someone to stand near this box while you work switches. I think you will find the switch on the dash panel.

I wish you well.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smith Brother:
As you know Barth did not make all units alike......
Dale

August is National Understatement Month.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
It a motor-aid heater,and our switch is on the bottom of cabinet over the Driver left shoulder! The switch for the back motor-aid heater in on the dash! Both switchs has "AUX Heat" On them!

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. 8.3 Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan K2 MM.

[This message has been edited by bubbiebarth2 (edited August 10, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by bubbiebarth2 (edited August 11, 2005).]

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have ENJOYED our unit a mere 25 months, and I must ADMIT, I learn something about it nearly everyday, or it could be that my MEMORY is failing and I ACUTALLY FORGOT WHAT I HAD LEARNED THE DAY BEFORE. ron, don't you say a word....or I will quit sending you the dirty stories.

Fun is good though.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
We have two motoraided heaters in our little 28 footer. One under the sofa and one under a bed. When we did out Lake Superior Circle tour on July 2nd of 2001 it was 40 deg and flurries. But we were toasty with our motoraids. This is Nyes Campground near Marathon, ON and it was C O L D. (see date on photo)

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 11, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 11, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
posted Hide Post
Bingo, switch was an ivory wall type mounted over the drivers seat and it matched the light switch next to it. Next question, what is the switch over the entrance door with a red indicator light?
Thanks
Glenn Shehorn
Kansas City, MO

------------------

Posts: 14 | Location: KcMo | Member Since: 02-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That switch is the same as mine, and it controls the other heater in the water compartment to keep the tank and pipes from freezing. You turn it on and RED lite lights, but be aware heater will probably not come on until the outside temp is near or below freezing. You can turn it on and check, but I think you will find I am correct. The RED lite just tells you that you have ARMED the heater to work when temp gets cold enough.

I feel I am correct in the above, but since Barth did things MANY ways, I may not have answered your question.

Dale

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited August 11, 2005).]

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Dale, that option just makes me want your coach more...dream, dream, dream,

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
The switch over the door with red light is for the Elect heater in water comp. It a 110 volts heater that come on at temp of 38 degrees:If you have a switch in Bathroom like this switch it should be for the hot water heater and 110 volts too:

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. 8.3 Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan K2 MM.

[This message has been edited by bubbiebarth2 (edited August 11, 2005).]

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post