Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Running Lights Upgrade/Wiring harness Upgrade
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Running Lights Upgrade/Wiring harness Upgrade
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Raven1962
posted
In and amongst, Bertha has 5 marker/running lights on the front, 6 on each side, and I believe (actually need to check) 5 on the rear.

My thought is to replace the units with LED running lights, and use trailer-wire and trailer light controllers, so the corner lights function with the turn signals, and the middle rear markers work with the brakes, and add some white ones for reverse.

Need to add a harness/plug for trailering, as well. Goal is to get a small tilt-bed and haul the Subaru Forester from place to place, and use it, once parked.

As it is, most of the markers are missing bulbs and lenses, and someone decided to add a set of those awful round trailer turn-signals to the front. Don't know, but if LED turn-signals are available, to fit where the original in-grill and rear units are, I'll probably remove and replace those, as well.

Jeff & Greta Frusha
Luling, TX
'84 Euro Special (35 ft)
'75 MC (33 ft)

Posts: 44 | Location: Luling, Texas | Member Since: 05-24-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I have replaced many lights on my coach with LEDs. Fortunately the sockets were useable. Way better than the stock bulbs…

See here: https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/9873980677

MWrench has also done some really nice replacement lights for his coach also. There are threads here on this site. Do a search! Thumbs Up

Good luck with your project, keep us posted. mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5197 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post