Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    What's that Switch???
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

What's that Switch???
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Steve Castner
posted
Can anybody identify the over-the-door toggle switch with indicator light? Past posts have referred to water tank electric blanket and off-on switch for electric side of water heater.

Note that adjacent switch panel has a switch on far right for WATER HEATER.

Photo attached.

Thanks much.

1989 Regal 34’
Side entry, floor plan A
Spartan chassis
Cummins 6CTA – 8.3 L with 240 HP
Cummins pusher
Allison transmission MT 643
Onan generator
8808-3555-34RDS-A

Posts: 83 | Location: Cedarburg, WI | Member Since: 09-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Steve, I have 3 of that type switches in my coach. They all have something to do with 120V HEAT. On my coach the one over the door turns on a duplex outlet under the couch. Plugged in to that outlet is a 120V heater fan located in the water compartment. The heater fan is thermostatically controlled. The other two switches of that type are one over the drivers seat that controls the engine block heater and one on the kitchen cabinets that controls a 120V element in the hot water heater.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Castner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Steve, I have 3 of that type switches in my coach. They all have something to do with 120V HEAT. On my coach the one over the door turns on a duplex outlet under the couch. Plugged in to that outlet is a 120V heater fan located in the water compartment. The heater fan is thermostatically controlled. The other two switches of that type are one over the drivers seat that controls the engine block heater and one on the kitchen cabinets that controls a 120V element in the hot water heater.

Nick

OK, Nick, I'm guessing this one controls the fan heater in the water compartment because I do have one of those. (It hasn't been cold enough to activate the thermostat switch in the fan compartment.)

I will also root around for the hot water AC switch, but haven't found one yet.

The engine block heater switch is a mystery. The only two toggles over the drivers seat are for 1) the isle lights and 2) a blower fan that pulls warm air from the cabin into the water compartment below.

Steve

1989 Regal 34’
Side entry, floor plan A
Spartan chassis
Cummins 6CTA – 8.3 L with 240 HP
Cummins pusher
Allison transmission MT 643
Onan generator
8808-3555-34RDS-A

Posts: 83 | Location: Cedarburg, WI | Member Since: 09-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/13
Picture of sk8er32283
posted Hide Post
I have a switch for the electric water heater above my door. It is connected to an outlet on the ceiling of the water compartment that can be ajusted. Try ajusting the thermostat if you have one to get things figured out.

1988 Barth Regency 38ft
CAT 3208AATC Intercooled
Allison 4 speed w/ air shifter
Gillig Chassis
7.5KW Onan Diesel Generator
Click for Charleston, South Carolina Forecast

Posts: 81 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID(United States Navy) | Member Since: 01-01-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post