Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    spare tire balance cost....
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

spare tire balance cost....
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Ok, $30 to remove the old and replace with my own tire. but an extra $25 to balance it?? we are still looking for our first rv service shop... motorhome beginner...

Posts: 4 | Location: florida | Member Since: 05-06-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
Sucker... Just kidding, @ $ 120hr(rotflmao) shop rates for your 30 min job? = $ 55 , you got a deal.
Welcome to the world of RVing

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums!

If that were done at a tire shop, that's a bit pricey - I don't know where in FL you are, but I had all four rears balanced, alignment checked, and front bearings repacked in Gainesville for $245.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
I use anti-freeze to balance my tires. Use a bicycle to inject into the tires. 50% solution and about a pint per tire. Cheap active balancer. This is not a new technique as truckers have been using it for years.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
We just replaced four tires while traveling through Arkansas and the dealer placed small bags of silica beads , one in each tire as they were assembled. These are dynamic balancers and leave no residue or liquid. Here is their site: http://www.bobbyhenardtire.com/
You can call them and get some and install them easily by just deflating the tire, breaking the bead and sliding one pack into each wheel. He charged $3.00 each and we have no more balance issues. On 22-1/2 inch wheels the bead relaxes as soon as you deflate the tire so it is really easy. Of course inside duals are more of a problem.
Worked for us.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks folks, I had a feeling "welcome to the world of big Rigs" I like my class A, nice kinda cozy, and trailers seem flimsy to me.....jl

Posts: 4 | Location: florida | Member Since: 05-06-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to explain to me the theory & the physics of installing fluid, or bags of silica gel in tires in order to balance them, & how one calculates the appropriate amount of material to introduce. I also would like to know why, if this is system is so simple, foolproof, & effective, almost all tires are still balanced the old-fashioned way with external weights.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post