Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1981 28' Euro dash controls
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1981 28' Euro dash controls
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi Dan an other Barth owners:

A few months ago I purchased a 1981 28' Glasnose Barth. I am in the procees of geting it ready for my first trip and have a few questions.

On the left side of my dashboard I have four square lighted push swithches tat I have no idea what they operate. Although I received a very nice Barth 3 ring binder wiht lots of information, it does not explain anything about the dashboard layout. I am afraid to connect the batteries until I am familiar with the electrical controls. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Dave, sorry to hear about your tire experience. I keep my motorhome in my back yard and am always concerned about someone coming in and vandalizing the unit, but there is not much I can do about it.

Barry

Posts: 43 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Member Since: 11-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Barry, are there any labels on the buttons. On my coach, the buttons are, for 1. The motoraid heaters motors low and high, 2. the heated mirrors 3. Acc. Starting (hooks coach and engine batteries together momentarily to help start the coach. 4. Fog Lights

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hi Barry, I can't help much but I have the same setup and the only one I know for sure is the Aux start Dave mentioned. It simply connects the 2 coach batts for starting the coach or the genny. I also have a green toggle in that area that I have no idea what it's for. What kind of shape are your hood squares in? Mine were pretty rotted as far as the wood framing so I cut them out and re glassed new PT lumber in. Worked good but you have to know a little about wood and fiberglass. Anuthing else I can help you with give me a holler.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan

Do you have any wiring diagrams for the inside of the coach. I'm one of those "like to know how everything works " guys. I used to drive my father nuts when I was a kid. He said I was the first kid he ever heard of who took apart a TONKA truck. I just wanted to make it into a convertable!

Does your 81 have a short Theford toilet. Mine does and I'm not sure if it came that way or if it was replaced. I'm going to have to raise it or install a new taller unit so I can sit down without having my knees in my chest.

Barry

Posts: 43 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Member Since: 11-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Barry,

Before you purchase a new toilet, check around, I think they make a two or three inch spacer to raise the toilet. That would certainly be less expensive.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on the toilet. I will check around in my area. That seems like it might do the trick.

Barry

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
You can make the toilet any height you wish by building a base of plywood and mounting the flange on the new base with a longer tube connecting it to the tank. Cover the base to match the floor.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Been there, done that with both a Thetford base to raise the toilet in my former s.o.b., and rebuilding the plywood base in my current Barth.

Plywood is cheaper if you have a well-stocked scrap pile (doesn't take much material). The manufactured base is infintely easier, though more costly.

Many, if not most, RV supply stores carry the Thetford base, or can order it for you. Camping Wolrld probably has them too.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
One of my previous SOBs had the Thetford plastic base. It was wiggly and was starting to crack at the mounting points. I replaced it with a plywood pedestal which I integrated with the existing bathroom. Looked much better and was rock solid.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post