Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Breakaway door awning
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Breakaway door awning
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of beeoh
posted
As we live and often use our 30ft Breakaway in the rainy climate of western canada, I was curious if anyone with a front entry Barth has added a door awning? Our other awnings are Zipdee but the patio awning ends before the front door. Seen quite a few pix of Breakaways but none with a door awning. Thanks, bob

------------------
Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would also be interested in that and if anybody has devised a screen door for their front entry Breakaway

Posts: 30 | Location: Renton, Wa. USA | Member Since: 08-16-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcn:
I would also be interested in that and if anybody has devised a screen door for their front entry Breakaway

http://www.rv-tech.com/screendoors.htm

http://www.hidnscreen.com/

Shop around....these tend to be marketed by different people who price them all over the map. I looked at one made in Canada, and it looked pretty good.

Perhaps you could share anything you learn on them.

ROY.....know anything about this RV-Tech guy? He is in your neck of the woods.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
I have seen very sharp small awnings that open and close with the movement of the stairs with add on for opening when it rains. Small but large enough for the door way.

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Bill, his telephone prefix is in Snohomish, WA, a small town across Puget Sound from us, and Northeast of Seattle. All I know is, he has a nice-looking website, but you knew that already.

One of the pix on his website shows a front door a la Breakaway.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Two towns away from my home town but i don't know anything about him either.....been away from the area for too long.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Another installer in WA has the all-metal Mirage from Canada:

http://nwnaturallighting.com/mirage.html

and for elsewhere:

http://www.clearviewscreens.com/

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
hey, wot happened here...went from looking for door awning info to everyone talking about hidden screens (we don't have a serious bug problem in western canada...yeah right!?) just need protection from the rain over our entry door. Has no one ever bought and installed one of these door awnings? thanks, bob again

------------------
Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beeoh:
hey, wot happened here...went from looking for door awning info to everyone talking about hidden screens (we don't have a serious bug problem in western canada...yeah right!?) just need protection from the rain over our entry door. Has no one ever bought and installed one of these door awnings? thanks, bob again

quote:
Originally posted by bcn:

Sorry

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
beeoh; Go to www.rvstuffusa.com/freedomoverthedoorwindowboxawningbycarefreeofcolorado/hthl . Push button operation and very sleek. JKB

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post