Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Air Leaks (and hissing noise) in Entry Door
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Air Leaks (and hissing noise) in Entry Door
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi group... we are very happy with the the 1994 Regency that we just purchased. However, the entry door has some major air hissing when traveling above 35 mph.

Looking for ways to seal the door better, so eliminate noise or minimize it greatly.

Any and all ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

John Jacobson

Posts: 28 | Location: So. California | Member Since: 10-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
If you look in a marine hardware catalog you can get hardware that will pull the door tight at the points allowing the hissing.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Don. Can you tell me if there is a specific publication or company or product that I could search to find the device you mention? Is there any kind of special nomenclature for the device? Please pardon my ignorance on this, I simply do not know where to start. Thanks very much again.

John Jacobson

Posts: 28 | Location: So. California | Member Since: 10-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You may find also that all that's needed is adjustment of the striker plate in the door frame.

Close the door until it latches, and push and see if there's any play (even 1/16" would be "play"). Also note that on some coaches, the door has to be closed vigorously to get it to fully close (even though it may seem closed, the ctach isn't fully engaged).

If that's the case, there are two screws on the striker that allow adjustment.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
In the West Marine catolog on page 583 the hold down clamp is what I was thinking of.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Here's the West Marine online pages in case you don't have access to a catalog.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post