Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Where's the Vin
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Where's the Vin
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I am purchasing a 1976 Barth, and need to know the location of the vin. Also is there any other different vins on body and chassis?
Thank You,
Dennis

Posts: 8 | Location: Lakeway, TX. USA | Member Since: 09-27-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by next:
I am purchasing a 1976 Barth, and need to know the location of the vin. Also is there any other different vins on body and chassis?
Thank You,
Dennis

hi dennis
i have a 71 24' my vin # is on the top left side of the dash close to the windshield with them being to old to run a carfax if you find out how to check the history let me know.

KEITH WHITE
RETIRED U.S.ARMY
71 24' P-30 350 PLUS

my new license plate

Posts: 27 | Location: KILLEEN TX | Member Since: 02-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Dennis,

On my '78-24' P-30, the GMC chassis VIN is a stamped metal plate, in front of steering column assembly, when viewed thru front engine/radiator access door....

Barth VIN is laminated paper label attached to interor sidewall, above the driver's side window.

Don't let the model year confuse you, i.e.: I have a '78 chassis and a '79 Barth...I think many are like that - not just Barth, as today's builders may have acres & acres of chassis waiting for further assembly.....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, anyone know what the vin means, is there a break down in the letters and numbers to tell you any info on the motorhome? IE; date, size, ect.

Posts: 8 | Location: Lakeway, TX. USA | Member Since: 09-27-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Billh is the guru-in-residence regarding VIN's.....You can pretty-much expect him to weigh-in here when he reads your message.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The P30 chassis vin location is here:

[URL=http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4140309503&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2Fsraid141%2Fp036967179c9ec7ffb71ba5489f1b17bc%2Ff6c81bff. jpg&c]http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4140309503&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2Fsraid141%2Fp036967179c9ec7ffb71ba5489f1b17bc%2Ff6c81bff .jpg&c[/URL] aption=RV%20P30%20vin%20location

The chassis vin code decoder is here: (click on "view original image" to enlarge)

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?...72d%2Ff6c81be8.jpg&c aption=RV%20P30%20vin%20code

The coach manufacturer's plate can be anywhere. It is often near the front. Mine is on the left side wall just above the floor just behind the driver, but can be on a cabinet, inside a cabinet or even inside the over head forward cabinet, above the windshield. Mine is a piece of paper with the numbers typewritten in, then glued to a piece of metal and varnished. Or maybe a PO varnished it.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited October 03, 2004).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help.
I seen to have a problem with this decoder.
The vin I have on the title is:
CPY3763301142
Any Help?
Thanks,
Dennis

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by next:
Thanks for all the help.
I seen to have a problem with this decoder.
The vin I have on the title is:
CPY3763301142
Any Help?
Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis
the motorhome you are looking at is to old to be covered by the vin id chart above just like mine a 1971 the vin is 7105933MC both were before the vin's were standardized i would like to check on mine also but don't know of any way to do it if you find out how please let me know.

KEITH WHITE
RETIRED U.S.ARMY
71 24' P-30 350 PLUS

MY NEW LICENSE PLATE

Posts: 27 | Location: KILLEEN TX | Member Since: 02-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post