Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    P30/454 Charging Problem
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

P30/454 Charging Problem
 Login now/Join our community

<Schrimsher79barth>
posted
Hello All,
Hope everyone is doing well! My Barthmobile is having a charging system problem. The Volt meter registers 0 volts running or not. I recently replaced the alternator (bearing was screaming) and battery. Problem continues. Voltage regulator? If so, is there an easy way to test it? Locate it? Thanks!

Mike

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry and Heidi in CA>
posted
Did you have your original alternator tested at a reputable supplier? Did you have the replacement tested before you installed it?

<Schrimsher79barth>
posted
I didn't have the original tested since the bearing was locking up. The only test that I have performed on the new one was "pulling the - battery cable off while the vehicle was running". It continued to run. As I understand this test, the alternator should be good. I really have the idea that the voltage regulator or some type of power distribution contraption is bad.