Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    flojet macerator
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

flojet macerator
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted
So, I ordered one from Camping World 8 months ago and had not used it. Where I have the coach right now, can not take it to the campground for dumping as I am afraid of getting stuck due to the monsoon rain we have been having. I stuck a 2500 truck, the wrecker pulled it out but it had to call another wrecker to winch it out. So, I broke out the macerator, went to wallyworld and got two $35 120 foot good hoses as it is that far to the cutout I installed at my son's septic tank. Hooked it all up, hit the switch and it worked like a champ. It pumped 200 feet just fine, cleared both black and grey tanks, then I did the backfill and redump to clear the hose, and done.

Had there been a way to install it permanently without a lot of grief, i would have done so. For now it just connects as needed. I used a good set of jumper cables to the engine batteries and it was all good.

Tom Taylor
94 breakaway

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madrone
posted Hide Post
Be thankful you did not do a permanent mount, this pump does not pump hair well and it accumulates around the impeller and needs to be pulled out with
needle nose pliers from time to time. Also pay strict attention to the motor duty cycle (15 minutes on) over heating will be the death of it.

Posts: 69 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 11-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine ran for 1.5 hours just fine pujmped both tanks 220 ft

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trick is to give it ample amps. I directly connected the factory wires to a heavay duty jumper cable from the engine cranking big boy batts.

If you use less that 12 guage and a weak connection, yes burn the motor

posted Hide Post
I need to clarify that the 1.5 hours included, dumping black and grey water refilling both tanks with fresh water and redumping, both tanks to empty thru the macerator.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Agree on the heavy wires. Mine connects to the heavy battery connection at the genset.

I run it until it is too hot to hold my palm on. For long or uphill dumps, a ziplock freezer bag of crushed ice cools it down to give me a head start, and changing bags extends the duty cycle.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post