Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Jack will Not Fully Retract
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Jack will Not Fully Retract
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi folks,

1994 Barth Regency here... had problem with left front jack not coming up and the JACK light staying on. I finally got under the rig and used foot pressure to push it some but not all the way. The JACK light did go out, but it is not fully retracted.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated? Thanks very much, group.

John Jacobson
PoliceTek91344@yahoo.com

Posts: 28 | Location: So. California | Member Since: 10-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
If you have HWH jacks that kick down before the cylinder extends, and fold up after the cylinder retracts, there is a small roller (the exact location of which I cannot visualize at the moment - the Barth is in storage) which may be rusted, or lacking lubrication. That roller must be free or it creates enough friction to prevent the jack from folding up. Been there, done that.

I don't have a picture, and a thousand words won't describe what I'm talking about. Get out and get under to look at it, & you might find your problem.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post