Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Mystery Barth serial 2001
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Mystery Barth serial 2001
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted
Thanks to Lou and Bill and others on this site, we made it 2250 miles from Ontario California to Allegan Michigan and had a wonderful time with Lou and Barb. We did Memorial Day in an outstanding SMALL TOWN America fashion. Some of it brought tears to my eyes as an old retired Army guy.

The Barth was more than I have expected. A great piece of work. Mercedes class.

I do sort of have a list of things and questions to bring to the meeting in June when Kay and I come back up to go with Lou and Barb to the meeting.

1. Need to figure out why the Norcold fridge keeps alarming door opening or remove the circuit control board once more and remove the noise maker. I am convinced the ghost of the two owner back lives in there.

2. This Barth has more breakers than the Atlantic where I live. I have no owners manual per se if there is one but will love to find out what all the switches are for. I am bring my label maker to ID them all.

3. The head is slow to flush. Not sure if it is the valve associated with the head that you step on or the off/on valve feeding it.

4. Water fill and shore water procedures.

5. Shower is draining to ground and bypassing grey water.

6. AC is kicking kicking breakers on the freon side when I switch from shore to genset etc.

7. I have some sort of steering stabilizer that has been disconnected and would appreciate ideas on what it is and whether to get rid of it or not. The control is next to my left leg on the side console. Has a know for trim.

8. The exhaust (pac) brake shut me down in Phoenix to the point that the engine stalled and the tranny went into lala land. Finally after a shut down and restart with Arizona's finest behind me lights on, we proceeded.

9. I think I need a heat deflector under the mattress.

10. Door needs some attention. Lock, fitting the screen door back, truing to the jamb etc. I need to also install a strap to be able to grab and close it.

11. My microwave is missing that is cabinet mounted. I am thinking I want one that is convection and microwave that fits that space since there is no oven.

12. Head lights are off and on with no patterns. I have ruled out lights out front, and nothing else. Just chose to drive during daylight after 5 miles on interstate in Phoenix. I initially thought it was the console switch as I could wiggle the stem and see the bright blue console light for bright lights off and on in concert. But, even that stopped after a point.

Tom who is looking forward to the experts.

onmccav put my had

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
I will weightin on the convection oven. There are several overstock/salvage warehouses in the Elkhart area that should have what you want at very reasonable price and new lock for the door. My guess is Rusty, either Bill or Mwrech will have the rest of the help you need. Smiler

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
I love it!!!!

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Lowe's and Home Despot have combo ovens. Should my Carousel croak, I'll replace it with another combo unit.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
For number 6, have you checked if the gen is running at 60 hertz? Had a similar problem when mine was running at 65 hertz .
quote:
Originally posted by tom taylor:
Thanks to Lou and Bill and others on this site, we made it 2250 miles from Ontario California to Allegan Michigan and had a wonderful time with Lou and Barb. We did Memorial Day in an outstanding SMALL TOWN America fashion. Some of it brought tears to my eyes as an old retired Army guy.

The Barth was more than I have expected. A great piece of work. Mercedes class.

I do sort of have a list of things and questions to bring to the meeting in June when Kay and I come back up to go with Lou and Barb to the meeting.

1. Need to figure out why the Norcold fridge keeps alarming door opening or remove the circuit control board once more and remove the noise maker. I am convinced the ghost of the two owner back lives in there.

2. This Barth has more breakers than the Atlantic where I live. I have no owners manual per se if there is one but will love to find out what all the switches are for. I am bring my label maker to ID them all.

3. The head is slow to flush. Not sure if it is the valve associated with the head that you step on or the off/on valve feeding it.

4. Water fill and shore water procedures.

5. Shower is draining to ground and bypassing grey water.

6. AC is kicking kicking breakers on the freon side when I switch from shore to genset etc.

7. I have some sort of steering stabilizer that has been disconnected and would appreciate ideas on what it is and whether to get rid of it or not. The control is next to my left leg on the side console. Has a know for trim.

8. The exhaust (pac) brake shut me down in Phoenix to the point that the engine stalled and the tranny went into lala land. Finally after a shut down and restart with Arizona's finest behind me lights on, we proceeded.

9. I think I need a heat deflector under the mattress.

10. Door needs some attention. Lock, fitting the screen door back, truing to the jamb etc. I need to also install a strap to be able to grab and close it.

11. My microwave is missing that is cabinet mounted. I am thinking I want one that is convection and microwave that fits that space since there is no oven.

12. Head lights are off and on with no patterns. I have ruled out lights out front, and nothing else. Just chose to drive during daylight after 5 miles on interstate in Phoenix. I initially thought it was the console switch as I could wiggle the stem and see the bright blue console light for bright lights off and on in concert. But, even that stopped after a point.

Tom who is looking forward to the experts.

onmccav put my had

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The A/C delay circuit should delay restart after power loss. If it doesn't,the A/C compressor could be trying tostar against too much head pressure.

Turn off the A/C until the genset is up to speed and 5 minutes have elapsed.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post