Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Monarch air suspension levelling valve Haldex 90054007
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Monarch air suspension levelling valve Haldex 90054007
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
On my way home from Florida I started feeling strong vibrations in the coach, similar to rumble strips, but on smooth road. Slowed down and vibration changed. Found a smooth speed and rolled a mile or so to the next exit.

Rolled into the nearby small truck stop. Inspection quickly revealed the problem, the rear end of the coach was riding low. No air in the rear suspension bags. The vibration was the drive shaft, due to the low body the shaft was not inline like it should be. Fortunately the driveshaft seems ok. Once the coach was level I greased the u joints and we took off.

Further inspection revealed that for some unknown reason, the lever arm on the rear suspension leveling valve was broken off. The valve is bolted to the bottom of the coach. It has an arm that is attached to a rod that is attached to the rear axle. As the axle moves up and down, it moves the lever arm. The valve supplies air to the air bags as needed to maintain level height.

I was not sure what part number I needed. I removed the valve and cleaned it. I did some research and I was able to tell it was a common valve, Haldex #90054007.

Being Sunday, nobody local was open. On Monday morning I found no local "mobile truck repair" shops had the part or were interested to get me one. I ordered one from Stengelbros with overnight shipping. It took until Tuesday morning to get another valve.

Considering the valve is mandatory for driving and not too hard to install, I would recommend getting a spare. They are not very expensive. If I had had one I would have been on the road in another hour or so. I will also the replace my front two valves, as they are also 25 yrs old.

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post