Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    not a Barth
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

not a Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
how-a- bout that! from a 21st century Dodge Ram with electronic problems to a near mid 20th century "SUNBEAM TIGER" in only 15 posts
ta da!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
in only 15 posts

sorry, Dick. I know how annoying Topic-Creep can be.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Topic-creep? What topic-creep? hide

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
sorry, Dick. I know how annoying Topic-Creep can be

Hey! I was marveling, not complaining. "topic creep, what topic creep" cheers

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Actually i think the drift started about post #8. Smiler Somebody calling me a creep?? That is better than what my wife calls me! Big Grin We call the TR 4 the little red rocket. Smiler I also say that it is a poor man's cobra. Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anything pre-computer is looking better,...like a model T

this was the start of the morf ..........I agree,
model T may be a little too much
that was about #7
the TriumphMG came from another forum ...I dunno if a comma was missing
My TR3A would run circles around the MGA and last longer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Sunbeam Tiger

like a MGTD with a (what is it?) a 283 Chevy V8 I knew a fellow modified ..... KAMAKAZI car!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Sunbeam Tiger had a 260 ci Ford V8, the predcessor to the Ford Small Block series

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Tiger started with the 260 but ended up with the 289. Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
continuing the thread drift ----
I have no idea what engine was in the Tiger I was SCCA Rally Navigator for, every now and then, but it was a rocket. Never had any trouble making up any time. Normally Summer events were in my Alfa Spider and Winter was in a Saab, back in the mid 60's. (Club class sponsored)

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keirn and Carolyn
posted Hide Post
Carolyn and I had a 66 Tiger with the 260 Ford engine. British Racing Green and fast. She was a teacher and she drove it to class. No one passed her.
She had a Teachers meeting in StLouis once. From West Lafayette, IN. it took three hours to get there. That included stopping to put up the top. Too windy with it down. That trip Googles at 4 hours and 48 minutes now.
The DP Barth is just as much fun. We're taking it to Charlotte tomorrow.

Keirn
95 Monarch 34' (Sold)
8.3L Cummins 250Hp
Spartan IC Chassis
Now a Bluebird BMC 37

Posts: 29 | Location: Trent Woods, North Carolina | Member Since: 07-11-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife used the TR4 as a daily driver for a while when we lived on Maui. She came home one day and said "here", and handed me the keys. That was about 13 years ago and she has never driven the car since. She got a little carried away with it and scared herself.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
This site has more interesting thread drift than any other that I know about.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Ran well when parked Tues. nite, thunder storms yesterday. Started tonite, ran rough, would not respond to accelerator pedal pressure. electronic throttle control lite lights. maintains about 1100 rpm without pushing pedal. what does anyone know and/or have to say re. this?

Drifted in a complete circle.
Had the Ram hauled to the dealer today, they applied their magic computers to it and decided that some critter gnawed on the cables. Not covered by warranty! There will be fewer tree rats around this place from now on. No more Mr. nice guy.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
not warranty, but might be covered by comprehensive insurance.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post