Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Update your Barth interior???
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Update your Barth interior???
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Would you update your old Barth...
to be like the interior of this 2024 concept??

https://www.truckcampermagazin...ches-expedition-x14/

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Doug & other members,
To address your hypothetical question, I for one would absolutely never "upgrade" our '93 Breakaway to resemble the interior of this concept 2024 design. Many books & publications have been written & lessons taught by learned professionals addressing contrast(value), color(hue), axis(direction), texture, emotional effect of color, & overall graphic essence. In my opinion, Barth overall did a very job balancing all of the elements listed above. Not to say, slight improvements can't be made, but this example shown would be like replacing a classic Gainsborough landscape painting with a modern Andy Warhol.

Good Luck One & All,

John

Posts: 55 | Location: Central Pa. | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
No way!

Why would anyone want to remove the high quality oak or walnut woodwork and replace with ugly white laminate and stainless appliances? Looks like something from Ikea.. commercial food truck...

If I wanted something like that I could buy a newer coach with lower quality junk construction, rather than spend time and money to degrade something better... Thumbs Down

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5183 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
quote:
white laminate and stainless appliances?

I am guessing it meets the requirements of the guys that tow the trailer with dirt bikes or the "mudder jeep". They need it to clean quickly after a weekend of recreation.

It's different than having an ambiance of home, or of a home away from home.

They have the right answer, but for a different question.

happy motoring!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 526 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 37 | Location: Wisconsin | Member Since: 03-03-2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post