Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Short Barth needs new floor plan
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
DJ, You do beautiful work!!! We cant wait to see your finished product someday.... And meet Daisy of course...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Thanks Patch. We will be headed out this Memorial Weekend for our 1st camp out with this Barth. We'll take along and ice chest and our camp stove till we get the appliances up and running. Daisy really does make it easy to keep working on the rv. She also reminds me to keep it dog friendly.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes, the progress is most impressive! I love the fact that you can use your drivers and passenger seats for entertaining now.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kris. Did you notice we also have room for a wall hugger recliner behind the passenger seat. I also kept the back work station where a stool will be. Gotta have a computer.

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
I've been on road work again so very little getting done on the barth.

This is a 15 to 50 amp I made. Yes only one leg will be powered up giving me 110 to my inverter and 1/2 of my electrical. I will be able to use the fan on one of my ac's and some outlets.

Notice the step under the bumper has been crushed 2" and the tow hooks are dragging.

3" of ground clearance was gained by removing busted step and tow hooks.

posted Hide Post
Hey Dusty, if this was a race we would all probably tie close to last. Tina and I thought for sure that we would have completed our Barth last winter and we only found time to repair things broken durring the year. I have noticed the space for the recliner (very nice), and the work station in back is perfect. Tina and I are planning on installing a tray that comes out of the dash to support a laptop in the future but I bet it will be uncomfortable compared to sitting at the desk. Great stuff! Keep us posted! (BTW, I finally fixed the dang keyboard Computer) (This is why it took so long to respond)

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post

Well work is slow again so I'm back on the barth. This is the lp manifold tank mounted in front of the rear tires. I have parts for a remote fill coming.

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Those Siamese LP tanks kinda scare me. Seems like the integrity of the vessels are weakened and there could easily be stress cracks developing in the connector. I encourage you to have someone give you a safety opinion. You could easily do dual tanks connected with flex hose as an alternative if a large Manchester tank won't fit.

Just sayin.....

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, this doesn't look like it was too hard to do. How much time do you have invested so far on this tank project? Tina and I give up valuble storidge space in our drivers side rear exterior storidge compartment for the same type of tank your standard bar-b-q grill takes. We are also seriously considering installing a furnace. Is that your plan as well?

Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Kris, I have 8 hours in putting in the tank. The front bolts go through the steel generator enclosure. The back is simply 1/4"x3" angle iron welded to the frame work. Straps are bolted down from angle iron so tank can still be removed. A new fridge, water heater, heater,and furnace are going in.
Moonbeam, Everything will be pressure tested.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Moonbeam, Everything will be pressure tested.

The concern I have for you is the connection of two pressure vessels with a rigid pipe. I assume you made this up and it wasn't designed that way, but even if it was my concern is with the stresses on that connection over time especially while bouncing down a road. Have you ever seen a LP tank that wasn't symmetrical? There is a reason for this that is related to pressure equalization around the tank and pressure tank integrity.

LP is not something you want to take chances with, it can be a bomb even in small amounts! I know, I came close to being killed by an LP explosion at Sturm-Ruger firearms while working there 30 years ago. I saw shards of glass embedded in cement! Luckily I had left the area minutes before the explosion, but it shook the ground a mile away.

Propane Tanks Standards

Propane tanks come in many different sizes and are manufactured by many different companies around the globe. These tank manufacturers are required to adhere to the ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) rules for construction of propane pressure vessels intended for use within the United States. The rules in the U.S. are generally more stringent than in other countries with regard to the fabrication of LP Gas pressure vessels. Rules governing the installation of propane tanks are enforced at the national, state, and local levels ensuring all applicable codes and regulations are adhered to for the safety and protection of consumers and the general public. Similarly, propane tank design and appurtenance engineering is undertaken with safety, protection, service and efficiency in mind.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post

I didn't make it. It is a used manchester tank.
http://www.mantank.com/
Check motor/fuel\products
They make dual and triple manifold tanks.

posted Hide Post
In that case, I'll do my best Gilda Radner impression.......Never mind!

I do feel better, thanks for clarifying.

Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Moonbeam, I will always listen to someone with safety concerns.

posted Hide Post
Thanks!

I honestly though you had welded that up yourself and had "Red Green" visions of disaster. I should have known better as you didn't use any duct tape!!!