Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bedroom TV replacement
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Just finished installing a 19" LCD TV and DVD player in the bed area. The previous 13" Panasonic was OK but starting to develop issues with intermittent drop-outs. Had to whack the front to get it to operate many times. Further, with the coming switch-over to digital RF broadcasts (we do have converters) it would be a lot more convenient to have a TV with the digital tuner.

Finished installation:

link to the write up:
Bedroom LCD TV

Probably latter this year I will get at replacing the front TV, but still haven't decided on the size.

Happy New Year everyone!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Ed, You do nice work. Where do you have the wifi router mounted?

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the WiFi router on top of the front TV. that is the highest place and it looks thru the fiberglass nose cap so it picks up the cell signal (Sprint).
It is a Linksys router that you plug in the Sprint EVDO card directly.

I plan to add an outside antenna for EVDO or 3G reception but haven't gotten around to it yet. I am using the former cell antenna that Barth installed (was broken off when I got the coach)for one of my UHF/VHF ham antennas.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
very nice setup...I'm just about to do the same in our Breakaway...curious what the framed item is on wall just below DVD player?

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That framed item is a digital time and temperature piece. It has a receiver so it syncs to NBS time automatically. I Wish it were lit or had a back lite.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater