Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    5th Annual Florida GTG, Dec.2-3-4, 2011
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

5th Annual Florida GTG, Dec.2-3-4, 2011
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Corey's not online yet, but I think the tlr is a '62. I know any plate would be appreciated.

Any year will do. I've checked out how well people have attached their Barth plates too Click

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quick update from Florida.

The gang is all here. StinkDaddy brought up the rear, getting in last night. This year he got here before the gate shut, so no hiking in two miles Thumbs Up

Dick Dubbs visited us yesterday and kindly replenished the wood pole. Without Lee here, wood is a constant worry for this crowd. Right below running out of Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Dick also made a kind contribution to my license plate search (for the Manstream Aircave border), thanks Dick Razzer

Nick's house is the central gathering point and we get looks of envy when the nightly tram ride passes us, or is that looks of disgust hmm

Several couples are headed to the Ft Foster tour which is within the park today. It should be on everyone's bucket list to understand why we built a Fort to protect a swamp from the Indians (they weren't Native Americans yet so that's PC I hope).

The weather has been fantastic, 80 daytime 60s night. Perfect for snuggling around the fire, but shorts and flip flops in day.

Lots of great new stories and reinforcement of the same old ones. A year apart seems just long enough for people to forget they told that exact story at the last three GTGs. That is part of the fun of these things. Big Grin

Almost forgot, Lenny set up an awesome "Free Yard Sale" with tons of electrical connectors, rivets, and other assorted hardware that he inherited from a friend who passed on. Very generous on both their parts.

Rusty never changes (I think he's actually a holograph). Once again he kept me up too late as we stayed fully hydrated in the hot Florida nighttime sun. Paid for that yesterday morning.

And you may remember the log that Danny wrecked himself tripping over last year, the one that he swore he would never go near again........need I say more Eeker

Tonight is the big shindig foodfest. Saving up my hunger for that.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Wish we were at the GTG, thanks for the update. But let me get this straight - you are lacking firewood and that log keeps jumping in Dannys way (also remember the one that took the front of a SOB last year) - get a chainsaw!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But let me get this straight - you are lacking firewood and that log keeps jumping in Dannys way (also remember the one that took the front of a SOB last year) - get a chainsaw!

Then what would we do for entertainment? cheers

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry I left before Bill and Sherrie arrived.
...message to Corey please take my milk carton (had firewood in it) along with you, I'll pick it up at your place. I enjoyed seeing you all again, I'll have to arrange to stay longer in the future. Finally met Carl Flack!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
message to Corey please take my milk carton (had firewood in it) along with you, I'll pick it up at your place.

Message received. Bill and Sherrie said they planned it that way..... ROTFLMAO....just kidding!

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I was "this close" to sneaking down there... As usual the Great Lakes and Mother Nature fixed it. Freezing rain last night, today and tomorrow around here. If I could have sneaked out by Thursday I might have beat the front, oh well.

Still looking forward to meeting more Barth people. I'll be in FLA late Feb through early April, maybe catch somebody around on my way through.

Milford II is just around the corner!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
FL GTG MkV is in the books; a few lingerers stayed through today (lenny&judy, DannyZ/Suzie, DougZ/Jan, Nick and Donna Cagle, and me). The park pretty well emptied by afternoon leaving it quite serene.

Dinner of leftovers and new stuff from Lenny (salmon patties), Doug (grilled Tilapia), and Donna (lemon pie) was excellent!

For those folks going to Barth GTGs, if possible laying over until Monday has benefits...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I might be staying over due to the line at the waste dump station head bang

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We're home. Had a great time at the GTG. Good to see the folks we know again and to meet some we didn't know. I took pictures of all the coaches and I'll get them loaded on here. I also did another pano like the one from D.C.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We need to know all the details of the Saturday night feast and any good white elephants given away?

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
We are now home too. Thanks to all for a great GTG. Steve VW you didn't miss anything we didn't even get the distilleries working overtime. Just be carefull drinking 21 year old Scotch We had a bad bottle. Really looking forward to Milford.Tom and Nancy

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Another great time, and I'm glad everyone made it home okay!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Jan & I made it home safe & sound. I won't try to pull the Airstream at 80 miles an hour again though. I wanted to see how it handled, but the stuff inside looked like it went thru a blender. Live and learn. Wink This was a great weekend and I want to thank whoever was in charge of the weather.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Glad everyone is home OK. Tom, next time you run into a "bad" bottle of old Scotch like that, just save it for me and I'll dispose of it in a safe way... (safe for YOU anyway... unless we're flying together...or driving...or trying to talk...)

You probably made it home in time for the nasty weather we had all weekend.

Hope to see all soon.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post