Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    5th Annual Florida GTG, Dec.2-3-4, 2011
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

5th Annual Florida GTG, Dec.2-3-4, 2011
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The gift exchange has been Nicks domain, but we figured on it. If Nick wants to give more details it would help newcomers.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
This is a copy of the post from last year: So this would be the 3rd Annual Gift Exchange at he 5th Annual Florida GTG

2nd Annual Gift Exchange at the 4th Annual Florida GTG

Last year we had a gift exchange at the GTG and after consulting with our host, Danny and Suzy, we would like to do it again. The gift exchange will be Saturday night after dinner. This is not just any gift exchange but one with a few rules.

You can not go out and buy anything.
Gift must be something you already own and can be new or used.
Everybody brings one wrapped gift Saturday night.
Everyone draws a number and selects a gift from the pile in numerical order.
Number One selects and opens any gift.
Number Two has the option of taking the gift from Number One or selecting a gift from the pile. If
he/she takes Number One's gift then Number One gets to select another gift.
Number Three has the same option but can take Number One or Number Two's gift.
This continues until the last number has selected a gift.
The final exchange is that Number One can exchange gifts with anyone that has something he/she wants.

This is a great way to regift that white elephant from your favorite relative.

Also one additional note to all that attended last. That bottle of rare scotch has set in the cabinet and gotten another year older. Don't you think you need to get rid of it before it goes bad?

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have the list of all the people registered to be here this year?

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Rusty posted the list on page 6 and it looks like that's it. Hope everyone makes it!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We know it's getting close when we can get a weather forcast.
http://www.intellicast.com/Loc...px?location=USFL0481

79 Barth Classic

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Bill NY must not be coming. The weather looks too warm. Big Grin

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
To Danny and the Florida GTG gang:

Our Barth is still in the shop with the brake problem. We still have hope the mechanic will call and say it is finished ready to drive to the GTG.
If they do call by mid-week there may be time to make it by Saturday.

I'll keep you posted,
Jim & Barb Confused

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny:

Hate to say it but the GTG is out for us again this year. Couldn't get the engine work done in time. If someone wants site 34 it will be available. I havn't cancelled the reservation yet and maybe could coordinate a switch with them if someone wants it.

Have a great time

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
You guys are really ruining my day. I don't know what else to say, I really was looking forward to everyone showing up and now it's not happening. Darn, to put it lightly.

79 Barth Classic

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
I feel the same as we will definitely miss the GTG this time.
Barb & I even planned on being there an extra day or two to celebrate our 48 wedding annv.

I called the mechanic today and the parts have not arrived yet and he stated it will take at least two days when they do to put the Barth back together.

I just called and cancelled my reservation.

Maybe next year friends, you all have a good time.

Jim & Barb Frowner

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Danny, I think you better close this thread right now before anyone else cancels out. I will miss seeing you people this year. It's too bad you're not coming because I was going to give away a 2012 Bently Touring Sedan for my secret gift. Now I guess I'll just keep it. Wink

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Danny,
I've also got some bad news.......................I WILL be there again this year cheers

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Corey, bring Cheri, Moonbeam, Susan, food, drink and the custom Barth herald I made last year for That Thing You Drive and all most will be forgiven

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Carl's Better Half
Picture of Betty
posted Hide Post
well I guess from what the weather report is saying it might be a good idea to bring a few warm clothes for the cool nights .......It is suppose to very nice during the day...

Betty

"THE TOY"
1992 Breakaway Coach #3745

Posts: 9 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida | Member Since: 10-11-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Please take note..... Deb & ED had site #38
Betty & Carl are in site #34................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post