Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2nd Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 5-7
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2nd Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 5-7
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Hey Rusty

Deb can't make the GTG but I still comin. Guess you're my date this weekend.

See ya all Friday about 3:00

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Oh no! No Deb? Suzy will promise to take it easy on her this year! Big Grin Glad you're still coming Ed. Can't wait for the poppers! I'm definately downing some grapefruit juice before we dive in to them this year. Still looking like low to mid 70's days and low 50's nights. If the suns shining it should be beautiful.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
I mentioned on another thread, topic, forum, or whatever; I am planning to ride down to Hillsborough, probably on Sat. to meet some of the interesting Barth folks. I noticed previously some discussion about firewood, I will be happy to bring some along if you wish. Let me know. D.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Dick

That would be great. We had a large camp fire after dinner last year and the weather man does say it may get a bit nippy after dark.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! We tend to build rather large fires, especially when it's cold. We're not looking at freezing but down near 50 gets pretty chilly without a good fire.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Most of my firewood is pretty well deteriorated - not surprising since my ex- was supposed to have picked it up five years ago.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
OK everybody, this is just to make sure we're all on the same page.
Friday afternoon and evening meals you're on your own.
Saturday breakfast and lunch will be on your own also. Then comes Saturday night!
Dinner will be served at a large roofed screened in area centerally located in our camping area, easy walking distance for all of us.
Appetizers will include;
Bacon wrapped shrimp
Artichoke & spinach dip w/ chips
Ed's incredible jualapeno poppers [dangerous, but good]
Save room for the main course;
Rusty's onion soup
and his green beans
and if we're really lucky his beer bread
Jim's loaded seafood chowder
Ed's pork tenderloins
Corey and Cheri's ribs [the ones that they get from the store and cook according to an ancient family recipe, can't wait!]
Tom & Annette are bringing a pasta salad, and have promosed a dessert,[or is that desert].
Seating is picnic tables, and we have a couple plastic table clothes, but if you have any extras bring them along.
We assume everyone has dishes and silverware, but we're well prepared just in case.
Sunday morning breakfast will be at our Barth and will be sausage gravy and bisquits, washed down with plenty of OJ and cheap champagne,[donations accepted on these last 2 items]. Bloody Marys may be an acceptable alternative.
As we've said elsewhere, this is not a real scheduled affair, but a relaxed weekend get-together. You can choose from biking, canoeing, hiking, taking the tram to the old fort, swimming in the huge pool brrr!, or just hanging out and telling tall tales.
Due to our [fortunate] work situation, Suzy and I have to leave Sunday afternoon. Those staying till monday will know each other by then and are on their own Violence.
Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The soup is made (always better when it rests a couple of days), the bread (I made 2 loaves - and even remembered butter this time) is baked, and the green beans are in the coach's reefer. I'm also bringing my portable propane cooktop so I won't have to bum a burner from someone.

I can bring extra Chinet plates - should already have enough for everyone, as well as soup bowls.

I may see if #35 will be vacant Monday (Site says it is, and I doubt anyone will book late), and stay over that night if others are too.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The weather just keeps looking better all the time. Today was a perfect December day and it's supposed to get warmer through Sunday, with nothing but clear skys and sunshine. Saturday will be mid to upper 70's, and probably down to 70 or so for dinner.
This pretty much last call to bring anything to our attention, but I think things are under control.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
still working feverishly to get her done may be later in the afternoon but we will be there. have been working till at least 11:00 every night midnight last night tonight who knows but it will be all worth it.when we get to our spot and finly relax!!! We can't wait to meet you all. Thanks Richard & Robin

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Good luck - been there, done that (several times)!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Don't know if any of you have a laptop with you but if you do and get this message. I'm jealous and wish we were there. Have fun and have one for me.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Saturday afternoon in FL-GTG-Land....72 degrees and partly cloudy....How S-W-E-E-T it must be!

Ya'll make sure to have adequate beverage intake....dehydration is a terrible thing! Big Grin

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Suzy and I made it home safe and sound, the Euro ran perfectly[of course!]. Discussing the weekend on the way home, we felt it was a big-time success. Our sincere gratitude to everyone who showed up and contributed to making this a memorable weekend. Lots of pix were taken and will be posted here ASAP.
Hope everyone had as good a time as us, and looking forward to next year doing it again.

79 Barth Classic

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Cheri, Dominic and I made it home too.

We had a fantastic weekend with our new friends and I had to check to be sure we still had Dominic (our 5 year old G-son) as I was sure he would try to "upgrade" by jumping in Danny and Suzy's rig before we left.

Too much fun! Count us in for next year and any other G-T-G we can make.

Till then.....

Corey and Cheri..........and Mr D

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post