Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2nd Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 5-7
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2nd Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 5-7
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Jim & Patty are in. They reserved 39. Still a few sites left in our area, but don't wait too much longer.
4 months away and I'm already looking forward to it! If anybody's interested, we could do the tram ride to the old fort this year. We biked to it a couple years ago,[got in trouble], and it's pretty neat. For the new folks, there's canoe rentals, bike rentals, tons of beautiful hiking trails, and a huge swimming pool, so you don't have to sit around the campground all day. Of course you can if you want to!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M&M
posted Hide Post
We've just booked #33 for 12/4 thru 12/7. We are so looking forward to meeting everyone. It's going to be a great time, can't wait!

M&M Largo,FL
90 Regency DP 40'

Posts: 33 | Location: Largo, FL,US | Member Since: 08-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
M&M, That's great! 33 is plenty big for a 40, but as I've said, we had it last year and it's a front in site.[Hookups on the left]. If you're not sure about it, you could buzz over and check it out beforehand. If anyone wants to bring an under 30', site 31 will be facing M&M, with a small access path to the river running between. There is also a path thought the woods to our site. M&M will be where we are in address pic, and we'll be where Deb & Ed are in the background. We're getting quite a group together now, and I know we'll have a great time.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thought it might be a good time for an update. Sights available as of this morning;
#29- 25' max
#30-35'
#31-30'
#32-45'
#42-30'
#43-45'
These are sights that are within spittin' distance of the group already signed up.
Here's the link again for the map and reservation info.
http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/map_of_036/r/camp...ode=FL&parkId=281037

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
I will be in site 30 arriving on Thur the 4th.
See ya all then.
Ray

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Great! Todays check shows #29 available 25' max, and #25 & #44 40' max would still be pretty close. With the huge success at the Choo-choo GTG we might get a few more yet. Hope they hurry with the reservations.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
"Pardon me boy, is that..." Oh, wait...anyway there's interest here with some folks to make the FL GTG, as aside from me (a trend here Big Grin), there's an entirely different group at Chattanooga than Florida.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
As of now, no sites available between #23 and #44. Don't let that keep you from signing up, as all the sites are nice and there are plenty left. It will just be a bit more of a walk to get to the "core" of the Barths. I don't want to bore you all with repeating everything, so if you have any questions about reservations or anything else, you can probably find answers earlier in these posts.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Now that we're getting closer, I think it might be time to get some correspondence going to answer any questions etc. Still some sites left in the area, not adjacent to us but pretty close, easy walking distance. As we've stated before, this is a casual get-together, with no real plans other than the Saturday night dinner. That will take place at the covered screened in pavilion more or less in the middle of our area. This is a first come first served facility but it's pretty big and we've never seen anyone use it, so I'm sure if we get some tablecloths down in the afternoon we won't have a problem. There is an indoor fireplace which we may fire up if we want to.
Now is the time when we start putting together the menu for the dinner. I'll start by saying that whatever your particular specialty is, don't worry about bringing enough for all 18 [or more] people. The only locked in article on the menu at this time is Jim's seafood chowder, and I'll make bacon wrapped shrimp for appetizers. Rusty's beer bread was fantastic last year, and Ed's jualapeno's were hard to forget!
BTW, Sunday morning breakfast is at our place, sausage gravy and bisquits, but you might have to bring some OJ and champagne for washing it down.
I know it's still over a month away, but it's a good time to start ironing out any details and answering any questions, so throw it out here and we'll get it put together in plenty of time.

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'll make more beer bread this year (despite the pain I feel pouring perfectly good beer into a glob of flour Big Grin). I also plan on French Onion soup, and can do the frizzled green beans again.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We're getting down to it now, and I checked on available sites for anybody who might still want to make it. Still a few within walking distance, just check out the maps. As I've said before, Saturday night is the big dinner night, and we'll be dining in the screened in pavilion that is somewhat centerally located to our sites. This is a first come facility but I've never seen anyone use it, so our plan is to place tableclothes on as many tables as we need in the afternoon. If it looks like it's going to be cool we will get the fireplace fired up.
So far we have;
Rusty; Beer bread and onion soup [can't wait]
Maybe frizzled beans.
Jim & Patty; Seafood chowder [killer]
Me & Suzy; Bacon wrapped shrimp or scallops or both, depending on availability, artichoke & spinach dip & chips, broccoli corn bread, and maybe something else that we come up with by then.
Suzy and I aren't big time meat eaters but I like some good pork or beef so if anyone has something to offer up let us know.
I'm not trying to obligate anyone to here, and if you have a special anything to bring to the table, it will be appreciated. Salads, deserts, and any other little specialties will be happily devoured.
We have 3 weeks to think about it, but the sooner we have a plan the better.
I know most of you live down here and are familiar with the weather, but just in case, it could vary from quite cool,[40's] to nice and warm,[80's] so a wide range of clothes is recommended.
Firewood is available at the park, but if you have a way and a means to bring some, do it. We won't know if and where a central campfire will be till we get there, and if you want your own at your site, that's fine too. Just don't be surprised if you have visitors!
As I've said before, this is a casual GTG with no real plans other than Saturday Night Dinner, breakfast on Sunday morning at our place, and good times for all.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
aka: noble97monarch
Picture of Cheri
posted Hide Post
Count Corey and me in for something....just havent figured out the "something" yet. If my sister is willing to give me a crash coarse in her ribs we will contribute those...

Cheri

Posts: 51 | Location: Bradford NH/Spring Hill FL | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Where is the closest airport?

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Mary,

It's a half hour from Tampa Airport.

1: Start out going SOUTH on US-301 S/ FORT KING HWY toward MODEL DAIRY RD.
14.3 mi
2: Take the ramp toward US-92 W/ I-4 W/ TAMPA.
0.6 mi
3: Merge onto I-4 W toward TAMPA.
6.0 mi
4: Merge onto I-275 S via the exit on the LEFT toward TAMPA INT'L AIRPORT/ ST PETERSBURG.
4.2 mi
5: Take the LOIS AVE. exit, EXIT 40B.
0.1 mi
6: Keep RIGHT at the fork to go on N LOIS AVE.
0.1 mi
7: Turn LEFT onto W CYPRESS ST.
0.3 mi
8: End at 4400 W Cypress St Tampa, FL 33607

Estimated Time: 31 minutes Estimated Distance: 25.58 miles

I checked Southwest from Nashville to Tampa and they have a web special at $83 each way. Probably cheaper than driving!

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Here's a link that may be some help to you, but of course we'd like you to come down with your coach. If it's not an option please make it any way you can. We have another possible attendee that may be flying in to Tampa, and all are welcome.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1pn=Tampa+International+Ai...:/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

79 Barth Classic