Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Troubling Times

By the time this rolls around hopefully Mother has irradiated this *^)$^#$#%$^#$#$%#^&%*^& Hope you are all keeping yourself safe and healthy. I'm hoping my super immunity keeps me safe. We are open for business and I am there more than home. Lynn is working from home so I'm trying not to bring anything home. I am having trouble having to breath all the disinfectants. I am sensitive to that $%^ . It tries to close up my throat.

Stay Safe and stay healthy! Hope to see you all in June!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hey Dana, we are at least 1500 miles from you. I think that qualifies as "social distancing." I am hoping there will be no trouble meeting by June.

There are no cases yet in DeSoto county where we are. In adjacent Charlotte county there are only 2 cases and no new ones for at least two weeks. We are staying here. Many of hte park resident snowbirds are heading home so this is a good oasis for now.

We are having a great time in the sunny upper 80's. Working on Barth projects and hanging out at the pool (small groups)
Jim and Joan Roller are staying for a while too so we still have dual Barths represented.

I hope all you others are as fortunate and can stay safe and well.

See you in June!

Have Barth, will travel (eventually) Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Duane asked in another post for an update.

I have not heard from Kenny and Kazy. They are our point contact for Maiden Rock. I have not contacted.

I am hopefully optimistic. We don’t want to put anyone in jeopardy. Our lives are the most valuable thing we have.

I have the pork butts bought and in the freezer.

Diesel fuel is cheaper everywhere. Sorry fuel gas/diesel is cheaper everywhere. Makes the trip even more fun.

Stay tuned, stay hopeful.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob & Yvonne M.
posted Hide Post
Hi Dana,
We just got back from Florida and I started thinking of summer get togethers again.

Are you still planning on having the MN GTG in June, obviously because of what is going on with the virus. I think it is overblown a bit but that is just my humble opinion. Anyway can you bring me up to date.
Thanks.
Bob.

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob & Yvonne M.
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I was not on the last page and did not see your post a couple of days ago Dana. I will stay tuned for a decision.
thanks,
Bob

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
what is going on with the virus. I think it is overblown a bit but that is just my humble opinion. Anyway can you bring me up to date.

to date: global 04/17/2020 2,167,955 cases reported
146,055 deaths reported. US 4/18 716995 cases 37309 dead..
Minn. 2213 cases 121 dead.
I'm very thankful you and I are not among those numbers. IMHO!
Stay healthy.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I am getting kinda worried, has anyone heard from Kenny or Kazy??

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Talked to Kenny briefly from work today. Had to cut short. They are sheltering in place. We should have a better idea of what progress we are making. I’m as ready as I can be at this time.

I don’t want anyone risking their health. We are smart enough to social distance. No hugging and we will make sure Steve keeps his pants UP. We have soap and water available. Hand sanitizer is getting easier to find.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear Kenny and Kazy are fine, Thank you Dana.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well the river levels are dropping, guess ole Dana has melted all his snow. Maybe in 2 weeks I might be able to go catch a bass!!

Illinois just extended the stay at home order to May 31st. Wonder about Minnesnowta. Not sure about Iowa yet.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
So some first hand recommendations were given to me from a Mexican authority on the covid19. Not allowed to divulge the informant, but his initials are J.G.. He says that the Mexican Covid19 infection rate is so low due to the vast consumption of Tequila. So it is my thought that we do indeed make it a requirement that bodacious amounts of Margaritas are consumed at the Minnesnowta gtg. This is confirmed data by the alcohol commission of Interpol, therefore very reliable.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Personally, I am following the "European model." Scotch whisky seems to be working well. Feeling just fine!

We have had a nice hot winter here in Florida. I'm not in any hurry to head north. Michigan is still having trouble controlling the virus, has wisely extended the social restrictions until May 15.

I do want to get back eventually. I look forward to the GTG and I want to show off my tan to all you "poor white folks" up north. ROTFLMAO

Hope to see y'all soon. cheers

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Our Governor extended the Stay at Home thru May 18.

Not sure what the Campground situation will be. We may just do a dry camping GTG. We have an Rv lot at the store. Most of you know who I work for. I do not post as the internet is can be easily searched and monitored entity. If you have ever searched for parts or info you know how often Barthmobile comes up. My company has people constantly searching for mention.

We would not have electric hook ups but we do have a dump station. There is plenty of room to social distance but if everyone is healthy l’m Pretty sure you can still be safe. I’m still up to smoke my signature pork butts to share. We have some grass areas along the lot border to set up tables.

We do the GTGs for our interactions. Not necessarily the place. After the 3 inches of water in our spot in front of Nicks coach at Milford last year a paved lot seems pretty inviting.

I am looking for input from everyone who was/is interested in still Getting Together. I’m looking forward to seeing whoever is willing.

Stay Safe and try and Stay Healthy

Not perfect but what is these days. Times will get better!

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I am planning to attend. Don't really care where. We are looking forward to seeing the Barth group again.

We are leaving Florida on May 11th. We should be home around the 16th. Michigan has social rules in place until at least the 15th but either way we will be mostly staying at home for the foreseeable future. I believe chances of exposure in the general public wil be high for many months.

However, we will travel to the UP to launch Dad's boat, then on to the GTG. I feel our chances of exposure on the route and while there will be very limited and well worth it. We hope to see everyone soon. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Someone will have to call Maiden Rock. Even here in Iowa where the governor has opened most of the counties, the campgrounds either state or private remain closed, at least for now. Illinois has opened the state parks not sure about the private or state campgrounds.

Yes, Steve I think we all need an outing, long winter and this Covid19 has got a lot of us ready for some good times.

I was under the impression Michigan had restrictions on boating and travel to summer houses, maybe it ends May 31st, hope so. Illinois and Michigan are really hard hit by this virus.

Sure would like to attend the Mini you are having in GA, I wonder if Ole Nose would make the trip without incident?

Dana I am sorry I did not see your post before shooting off my big mouth. Sounds like a great idea, I would attend for sure!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine