Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Bob & Yvonne M.
posted Hide Post
Hi Dana, how many are left that will be coming and are we still on? I am in the middle of a couple of bigger projects so I have to get my ass in gear to finish them if its still on. Thanks,

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Sorry Duane

Looks like we will postpone once again The numbers kept dropping With the riots Covid and just plain craziness out there just seems to be the right move.

I took the days off so
We will be doing a staycation trying trying to get some stuff done before hunting starts and we go insanely busy at work.

2020 no Minnesota GTG. Will shoot for June 2021

Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Although it is disappointing, the realization is 2020 Sucks!!! I might just hook up the bass boat and head down to Missouri and try to catch the big one!!! Although Dana you have stopped sending me snow melt and the Mississippi River is actually very fishable!!!

We all look foreword to a better next year!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2059 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Remember anyone making the rounds is always welcome.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
So got the ole Onan running as well as it ever did. put in all the new electric stuff, points, coil and condensers, Believe the old ones are fine, but love to needlessly spend money.

Having lost the float spring in the Carburetor, tried to cobble it but it did not work very well. The new carb did not fit but after several modifications, it now fits but, without a choke function. In this warm weather it works ok, when it gets freezing cold maybe not. The new carb does not have a float spring so no trade out, besides the old unit had a bunch of adjustments that it did not need, new unit only has an idle adjustment and seems to run as well if not a bit better than the old did.

Now back on topic, need to decide if I want to go south and bass fish, or go up and bother Dana while he is lounging around next week!!! Defiantly want to get out and about for a bit. Nose has not done well during trips so towing the boat rather than the Miata is a bit on the risky side. Got to think about it!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2059 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
You could always tow the boat and the Miata. ROTFLMAO

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I knew some of you had probably called Maiden Rock and told him earlier that you were coming. Everyone has let us know they won’t be coming. I called Camp Maiden Rock and told them that none of us would be there. They had three names down for our group. You know who you are. I have the. I have let them know no one from our group will be there. Will try again next spring

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

posted Hide Post
Thanks Dana for taking care of this. I'm sure I was one of the three and completely forgot to call and cancel.

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Hopefully I didn't come off as complaining. I just wanted folks to know I called them and canceled us. Doing things on my phone at work. Remember to stay safe and healthy. I am staycationing at home trying to get some stuff caught up.

Stop by if you are cruising around!

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

posted Hide Post
No you didn't sound like you were complaining at all. I'm just glad that you remembered to do that since I forgot. Actually we are staying around too because I have some things to get done on the Barth that I can take my time on now that we aren't going anywhere with it. Enjoy your time off.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

We're really sorry this didn't work out!

We were hoping things would improve and you'd be able to have a safe, socially distanced Maiden Rock GTG yet this fall.

Hopefully things will improve for next spring and summer.

Unfortunately for us, Tonka's been social distancing in our driveway all summer due to our low Covid risk tolerance.

We just learned that the family we've been renting indoor winter storage from for years needs their very large garage back this winter thanks to the pandemic. Tonka will need to brave the cold and snow in our driveway this winter.

The loss of affordable indoor storage and the decreasing amount of use have prompted us to reevaluate our need for this really great coach.

After nine years, it looks like the time has finally come to find Tonka a new owner and home. We'll be listing her in Barth Coaches For Sale, most likely in the spring.

It'll be a sad day for us but a great day for someone and it’s becoming clear that it's time.

It's been a really great ride! Tooling Along

Thanks,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Wally,
Who’s going to finish off the wine?

Well This is the third time I’ve typed this. I believe it doesn’t like my iPad emojis. Everything after it deletes

I didn’t like reading any of that except you were safe and healthy.

I always envied inside winter storage. Out of the cold and snow. Getting closer to winter escape hopefully for us.

You are always welcome at any GTG I have anything to do with. I have a tent we could set up for you. ROTFLMAO Sorry you could do a day trip to visit!

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Wally and Connie, maybe you will find some winter storage and next year might be better without all this crazyness, we would sure love to have another GTG with you and all other Barth friends.
I am sure you would have no problem to find a new owner for your beautiful coach, but we would like to keep you both too.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post