Notify
Tools
1993 Breakaway For Sale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
stupid lowball offer. head bang Hang on till the right buyer shows, it only takes one. cheers

You are correct Steve VW. I have posted several times here, Barth owners know what they have. No buyers should make an offer, before seeing in person, what they are buying.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Amen. At least come tell me why my Barth is "only worth X amount of dollars". Maybe your right. I doubt it, but maybe? Don't tell me over the phone or in an e-mail. Hell, I would buy my Breakaway for $10K too! And don't make me get back on my soap box about NADA....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My Breakaway is winterized and put away for the winter. It is still for sale, I'm just not going to pull it out until spring. By then, the generator should be fixed and I will probably repair or replace the rear AC. I am now aware that I will not get $20K for my Barth. Mainly because it is 25 years old, not the condition it is in! So I will be open to offers. Just not low ball offers. This is not going to be a fire sale. Hell, I'll start a LLC and rent it out first!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hell, I'll start a LLC and rent it out first!

Spoken like a true Jersey-ite.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spoken like a true Jersey-ite.

That's Joisy-ite, Dick...

from a former New Yawka.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
IIRC, they're in South Jersey, so "Jersy-ite" is correct.

I should know, being an Atlantic City Native...(actually, Ventnor)

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
...(actually, Ventnor)

I spent Sept. '51 - Aug '52 in Ventnor.
Lived on N. Trenton, worked on S Annapolis and drank at the Dog House on Sunset Ave (now maybe Wonder Bar)
Where were you, Rusty, at that time?
...oh yeah! lunched at Jimmy's on Ventnor Ave.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I was in the only city in the world that looks WORSE with its Christmas lights up - Camden.

Lived in Ventnor with my maternal grandparents at 10 N. Newark. A few years ago, one of my local sisters took me to see the place under new ownership, and they've refurbished it yet kept its character. (House is 14" poured concrete with a copper roof.)

IIRC, this Barth is in Pleasantville or Somer's Point, just across the meadows from Absecon Is.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, this Barth is in Vineland, NJ. Barth I is now in Millville, NJ. For those like Rusty and Dick, in the day you had to go thru Vineland and Millville to get to the shore from the Philadelphia area, unless you were doing the AC Expresssway thing. But I do not know when that highway opened....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

posted Hide Post
Generator is repaired and working great once again. Broken voltage regulator wire. That will do it every time! Onto the air conditioner repair....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

posted Hide Post
New air conditioner bought to replace the original in the bedroom. We will be changing that out as soon as the weather breaks for good instead of these 1 or 2 day warm ups. Slowly getting the 'ol girl ready for someone who will appreciate what she is and is willing to make a fair offer. You see, I do have a really nice breakaway and that is why it is worth fixing the few things that need attention. Someone could have got a good deal and done this themselves. Now, less room to negotiate.
I think I may sign up for this year's GTG and if I still have her, run on out and say hello to old friends I haven't seen for a while.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
Amen. At least come tell me why my Barth is "only worth X amount of dollars". Maybe your right. I doubt it, but maybe? Don't tell me over the phone or in an e-mail. Hell, I would buy my Breakaway for $10K too! And don't make me get back on my soap box about NADA....

The NADA values are a joke. They value motorhomes too low and classic and daily driver cars way high.
Just try to trade in a car for what the NADA value is. You wont even get wholesale no matter how clean.
Just use The Wanderlodge for an example, they sell for way above the NADA value and rarely budge on their price because of the high quality.
In the RV world there are loads of crap builds out there but the Barth is not one of them, otherwise I wouldn't have one.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I know it is only worth what someone will pay you for it. But you see, there is the other side that says it is only worth what I will sell it for! And my Breakaway is honestly too nice to just give away. I didn't want to say that before because I don't want anyone to think it's perfect (it's not) or that I'm bragging about how nice mine is. I truly will keep it and use it for certain trips before I give it away. It's bought and paid for. And I think I can afford the insurance payment that is less than $500 a year. I would just rather see it go to someone who will use it regularly and get the enjoyment out of her that I have.
If I still own it in June, it will make the trip from NJ to the GTG in Indiana. And I don't have any question it will make the trip without issues.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
I agree with both of these last two posts. Barb and I have had our '93 Breakaway for sale since early summer last year, and have run into the NADA obstacle. We won't give ours away, either. Where else can you buy a diesel pusher for <$30K that is ready to go, doesn't require a lot in the way of maintenance and looks good in the bargain?

We will be at the Rusty Memorial GTG, but not for the purposes of selling our Barth. Rusty was a good friend to all of us and this visit will be to honor him.

Lou (and Barb)

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the Breakaway out from storage and spent the day cleaning the outside. Looks pretty damn good for a 25+ year old coach with original paint. I still need to change out the rear AC unit, but am lowering my asking price to the SPRING SPECIAL of $17,700.00 the way it sits, which means I'll supply the new unit but you have to change out the rear AC. Heck, I'll throw in the parts for the existing one and maybe it can be fixed and you'll have a spare AC!!!
Nice coach. Gonna be a great deal for someone for the asking price....
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen