Search
Notify
Tools
1982 Barth MCC 35' For Sale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
rusty I have a 7.3 powerstroke (f-350) that is not used much any more @ what interval should i be changing the oil? I also use rotella in it and has had since new.

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I have used Kendall in previous race engines. Where I really liked to use this oil was in blown (supercharged) and alcohol injected engines. Kendall was the only oil that did not foam when a small amount of alcohol got in the crankcase. Could not avoid this with the clearances and alcohol is hard to light off, always would get a slight wash down during starting.

Now I use it in the Cummins 5.9L because it runs 5 lbs higher oil pressure than Shell, Delo, Mobile 1300 etc. the pressure also stay higher though out the time between changes. A bit more money than the others but IMHO worth it. I push the little Cummins very HARD.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rp's barth:
rusty I have a 7.3 powerstroke (f-350) that is not used much any more @ what interval should i be changing the oil? I also use rotella in it and has had since new.

Rotella or Rotella T? I'd change at 6-month intervals - but I'd also run the truck at least 100 miles/month. Keeping the moisture out of the oil is the key - few of the contaminants can cause issues unless water is present.

BTW, Kendall gear oils are among the very best.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
35 foot Barth MCC Diesel Pusher - $19000 (Pineville, LA)

http://lafayette.craigslist.org/rvs/3659357031.html

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Report This Post
Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
Nice catch Doug... That's my Dad's that we're trying to sell. We are willing to negotiate sale price for a serious buyer. Please let me know if you find someone interested. 850-543-5704

Joe Guillory
Terrel Guillory (deceased)
1982 MCC # 0029

Posts: 24 | Location: Home is Pensacola FL... MCC is in Pineville LA | Member Since: 06-08-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeFWB1980:
Nice catch Doug... That's my Dad's that we're trying to sell. We are willing to negotiate sale price for a serious buyer. Please let me know if you find someone interested. 850-543-5704

Whereas the CL ad is deleted, did you sell it?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JoeFWB1980:
Nice catch Doug... That's my Dad's that we're trying to sell. We are willing to negotiate sale price for a serious buyer. Please let me know if you find someone interested. 850-543-5704[

New Price $17000

http://rvs.oodle.com/detail/ba...VIEW-_-www-_-NA-_-NA

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
It's still For Sale right now. Thanks for reposting and sharing the info. If you know anyone looking please have them call me directly. 850-543-5704.

Joe Guillory
1982 MCC # 0029

Posts: 24 | Location: Home is Pensacola FL... MCC is in Pineville LA | Member Since: 06-08-2004Report This Post
Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
I had a very nice phone call from MCC #0028 today. I thought Doug Smiley had 0028 but I must've been mistaken. This guy was in WA and has had his for about 5 years. He noticed I had several manuals in my photos and said he never received any with his. So when the MCC ever sells and I have to go to LA again, I'll try to print some items for him.

Joe Guillory
1982 MCC # 0029

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
My MCC is still at MCR so I really can't confirm that I have MCC #0028 ...just going by all the documentation I have received about it!
The reason I haven't picked it up yet is when I did go to get it MCR hadn't quite finished doing some upgrading for me and then prostate cancer interfered so I was sidelined for a while, but thanks to the Eldorado prostrate trial that I am part of, everything is going very well and hope to pick it up later this spring...

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
then prostate cancer interfered so I was sidelined for a while, but thanks to the Eldorado prostrate trial that I am part of, everything is going very well

P R A I S E G O D for that

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
Very glad to hear it Doug. I hope things continue to go well with your trial. This other guy may be mistaken on which model he has as well but it was nice to hear from another MCC owner anyway.

Joe Guillory
1982 MCC # 0029

Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
MCC 0029 Ownership has been transferred to Josh Ogea of Pineville, LA. Josh purchased the beautiful river front lot that my Dad's MCC was sitting on and the motor home was included as part of the deal so he would have a great weekend get-away place.

Joe Guillory
1982 MCC # 0029