Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

CLEARANCE LIGHT PROTECTORS
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
I have A 1976 Barth the clearance light protectors are starting to rust. Can you buy new ones ?
They are riveted on ,will it be a problem to drill the old rivets out and replace them?
I could have the originals rechromed.

------------------

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Reglover,
Thanks to owning a Barth I have become one riveting fool. It is soo easy. They are all 1/4 in s/s rivets. It is easy as heck to drill them out, and who ever invented a riveting tool was a real genius. It is very easy to do. I have taken off my Barth insignias and had them rechromed, and I recently replaced the rear light assembles. 6 rivets each. Give it a shot you will be surprized how easy it is.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post