Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

How To Troubleshoot...Air Conditioner
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
http://hubpages.com/sports/How...e-Air-Conditioner-AC

Quote: ...this article will help you understand which parts of the motorhome rooftop air conditioner unit to check, service, and repair.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
This will be a great addition to the archives. I'm going to pull the shroud today and check and clean everything.
One note. When my 4 year old Coleman quit blowing cold the local tech said it was the capacitor for the compressor. He ordered me one but it was the wrong one. I called PPL and they couldn't find the part number so they called Coleman and were told by Coleman that the cap was never needed but was required by UL until they convinced UL that it wasn't needed. Then it was eliminated, therefore unlisted as a part. The fix is to disconnect the white wire from the cap. It's worked fine ever since.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post