Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth stories, bought and sold
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Former Glory
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
That was a long time ago, but the PO was a salesman at a huge dealership and grabbed the Euro because he knew what it was and thought he'd use it. After a year he put it up for 7800 if I rcall correctly, so I offered him 7. We always figured on putting a grand or so per year, and that's pretty much worked out, so we have about 17 G in her, and might get 5 on a good day. It doesn't matter, she's not for sale.

Posts: 4 | Location: Sarasota,Florida | Member Since: 11-22-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Former Glory
posted Hide Post
Cant figure how to respond to dannyz.
I think they are local.my ph 941 266 8005
Bob

Posts: 4 | Location: Sarasota,Florida | Member Since: 11-22-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Bob, I've got your # written down so you can delete it from here if you want. I'll try giving you a call after work today, around noon.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barth_Vader
posted Hide Post
I purchased my 85 28' regal from jerry...see his post on page two. I paid $4,000 for it. Working on some rust around the windshield. New throttle return spring, phenolic carb spacer and installed click lock vinyl flooring. Added 32" flat screen, blue ray player, new porcelin toilet. Main purchase so far was a like new 7kw onan that i got for $1300. Still under $6,000 and have used it a number of times since we got it...i'm in love. Someday hope to do a 12v cummmins swap with a 6 speed allison. Better than a second house payment for a new one!

Posts: 48 | Location: austin tx | Member Since: 07-15-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
'92 Breakaway, fully loaded, 37K miles, "shoes off interior", garaged. entirely stock. 16 mos. ago PO was asking 20, paid 17,8. Never had heard of Barth but recognized the Barth-difference. Everything worked great except refer. New cooling unit for $600 works great, (BTW, replacement no small task but doable - open to questions). One family trip to Myrtle. Children growing up fast and starting to disperse - Myrtle vacation was great medicine for the sorrow. This coach is my second love. I'm a car enthusiast and have owned hundreds over my lifetime. Never have I been so attached. BTW, not intimidated by the upkeep - modestly mechanical and this site is invaluable. Thanks to all.

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/18
Picture of Randy76
posted Hide Post
I actually noticed the Coach I bought a couple of years ago on this web site. My interest, I would define was moderate at that time and really never did anything about it. Oddly enough it was only about 100 miles South of where I live here in California. Forward 2 years and I see it come on the market again, on this website. This time I had been actively watching the classifieds here. It was now located in North Carolina, which to be honest was a deterrent for me. A lot of traveling would be needed, and because I'm still working I needed to pick a time that would work for me.
After several positive conversations with the owner, I decided to move forward. We struck a deal, I booked plane tickets, and things were set into motion. The Asheville area had just had snow and was experiencing some very cold temperatures when we arrived. The coach was winterized and we decided not to de-winterize it until we got out of the freezing temperatures.
The seller spent quite of bit of time going over things and couldn't have been nicer.
It took about 7 days of driving to make our 3,000 mile journey home. It was a good trip with no problems, the weather co-operated. I just wished I had more time to stop along the way. Looking forward to many more trips.

Posts: 18 | Location: Northern California | Member Since: 12-29-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Randy: Sounds good to see you had a smooth trip home. Hope you enjoy many more.........................Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Carl, what are you doing up at 12:07 in the morning? Or are you like some of us old folks that don't sleep well anymore?

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Jim: Last Thursday I had my 90th birthday. Betty and I play on our computers after the 11 PM news till 1 or 2 AM. On occasion we make it to the kitchen from 8 to 11 AM. My motto is "I'M RETIRED WITH NO PLACE TO GO BUT I HAVE ALL DAY TO GET THERE" ....................................Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Carl,, on a long and beautiful childhood, may your adult life be just as Grand!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Love it, Carl. As I write this at 11:20 AM, I'm enjoying a beautiful cold day in Tennessee in my bathrobe. Cool Talk about thread drift--snow drift

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
OK, back on topic. A few years ago, I was in Florida when I got a call about a Breakaway in Allentown, PA that the owner was wanting to give away to a Barth guy. I had always wanted a diesel and Tere and I talked about it and said, "What the heck, let's go for it". So I flew to Allentown. One way ticket. Met the owner who was a very nice guy. He was disabled and it was time to let this 28' Breakaway go to a new home. I drove it around a bit and said ok, but thought it was best to have a local diesel shop check it out, change all the fluids and belts, make it ready for the trip to Tennessee. Unfortunately, they found a cracked exhaust manifold and some electrical issues that the PO couldn't have know about.It got real expensive real quick and since I didn't have any tools nor the expertise necessary, I was left to their mercy. The exciting part was the test drive on US 22 at 12 midnight when the engine died while the Barth was in the far left lane on a highway with 3 lanes in each direction. If you know anything about Breakaways, you know you have just a few seconds to get off the road before the breaks lock up since the air pressure disappears. It was rather exciting. At this point, an angel of mercy appeared from Canada in the form of a person who is now know as Baby Barth. He and I struck a deal that covered most of the expense at the repair shop and he drove it back to Canada after putting some new tires on it. He still has it down in Florida to this day. These Barths are tough, and in my case, tougher than the driver.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
OK, back on topic. Jim

Thanks JIM, I was away thinking your trying to steal my topic Away. Now that I have your attention, I know you could give us a several more Barth stories, Bought and sold. Computer If you have forgotten hmm anything just tell us the part you remember. java

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Carl, what are you doing up at 12:07 in the morning? Or are you like some of us old folks that don't sleep well anymore?

Jim
Just to rattle your cage Jim, I was up with heart burn lurking around here for about an hour. Thought I would throw this up for you, but it is 6 Am now.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Dang, I hate that. Glad it's better. I struggled with it for years until I had things fixed.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B