Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Class C ?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Class C ?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Dalton
posted
I saw this local unit for sale. Would this be classified as a class c? It's a cadilac with a camper. Appears to be well made.

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
I would have to say yes...I would call it a class C.....I think....what an invention!

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Whatever it is, it would be extremely unusual to meet another one coming down the road.

Back in the '60s there was a company called "Caddy Campers," that either manufactured, or provided plans for a camper built on a cut-down Cadillac chassis. They were a little more ordinary-looking than this one.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
And when you got to your destination, you could be assured of resting in peace.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
I thought this was on a hearse chassis. Any formaldahyde with that cup of joe?

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look long enough for a hearse. They're generally built on an extended chassis, & the rear edge of the back door is vertical with no wheel-well cut-out. This back door looks like a sedan.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/12
Picture of ZIM
posted Hide Post
OR......maybe it could be the flower car...(?)

just a thought...

ZIM

Posts: 61 | Location: Pennsylvania | Member Since: 06-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Flower cars I've seen have a little slant to the cab back, & also the straight door line. This cab is cut off straight. I'm bettin' sedan, but I ain't goin' to Calgary to check it out.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
That vehicle reminds me of a house built by a good carpenter who saw no need to hire an architect.

The right brain/left brain thing.

Sedan.

Our town had an Airstream trailer with a Cad (Toronado) FWD nose and front chassis grafted on to it in place of the tongue. It was a perfect job, even attractive. I regret that I did not photograph it.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
olroy, whats wrong with Calgary? We have the world famous Calgary Stampede every year, this year it from July 4-13 2008. Billed as the worlds greatest outdoor show, although there are many buildings housing argicultural shows.
We have many Americans showing up ,and its allways interesting seeing the differant plates on the Rvs from as far from Florida. Being new to rving this year im going to look out for the Barths, and if I see any im going to try to talk to them and get data tags.
Hey Bill h, Im a carpenter and I build all the time with out a architect and I gringe when a designer is involved. Maybe being left handed has its advantages - the saying is "since the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body only left handers are in there right mind"

I heard that Barths are the Cadilac of Rvs. Then I saw this and I just had to share it.

Im going to try to get ahold of the owner to get some juice on this unit , just to quelch the mistery of this unit, I'll keep ya posted.
And I hope to see some of you Barth owners this Stampede.
Dale

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Nothin' wrong with Calgary, been there a time or two. It's just that I'm too old to traipse 1/3 of the way across Canada to see if I'm right about something this inconsequential.

My son-in-law is a builder. The last house we had built, I gave him a floor plan & elevations - only what the county required for permits - gave him a keg of nails, & said, "Here, go build this." It came out pretty good.

Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
Olroy , you missed the bait, I was merely trying to introject the idea of coming up to Calgary.
For years I saw many Rvs from south of the border coming in for the 'Greatest show on earth', this year I should keep a look out to see how many Rv's are coming in. Sign of the times? Due to the high fuel costs, Could be interesting to see!