Tools
Reply To This Topic

Winter 04-05 projects
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted
With all the pictures of paint jobs and talk of ‘brows and roof coatings, I’d like to submit my latest project, which relates to them, and is the beginning of my winter 04-05 projects.
I call this one Antennas

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
What's the square thing scabbed on to top of the TV antenna, where does it go when you lower the antenna, and how does the mechanism handle the extra weight when you run it up and down?

My experience with these antennas is, the mechanism is marginal, at best, in handling the weight of the antenna itelf, let alone any add-ons.

Then again, that doesn't look like a standard mount that raises and lowers. What do you do when you move the Barth?

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited October 21, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited October 21, 2004).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
That is a directional Cell phone antenna (PCS frequency) for better control of the service when in difficult areas. Like in mountains where you get lots of signals, but some to far away to be useful. This allows me to NOT get them. Another use is when in 'North Country' I use it to NOT get a Canadian provider, which can cost lots if used by mistake.
As for as the lift mechanism, I lower it if wind is high, and raise and lower it carefully. I also have a spare gear just in case .

Antenna project picture 1
Antenna project picture 2

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Jack, I love the Barth satellite. I see three little antennas, what are they?

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Lotsa solar panels. How much solarpower do you have?

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
This may help explain what is on the roof of my Barth, along with five 50 watt (about) solar panels that have given me over 17 amps of charge, on a Midwest summer day.
Picture with captions

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Jack, Was it you that had the smiley face steerin'& shiftin'? I thought that was great and wondered how it was done.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
These are animated ‘gif’s. I have no idea where I got the ‘driving.gif’ but you can copy it from my web site.

(edit any board listing that has it and it will give you the location and file)

Many places on the web have lots of free animated ‘gif’s. One site is
http://www.animationfactory.com

This what my ‘sig’ looked like with the gif included;

<br />Runs like a Deere<br />New Hampshire<br />       [IM G]http://jwct.com/Pegs/driving%20a%20Barth.gif[/IM G]<br />

(note a space was added in the ubb ‘img’ command to make it fail as the ubb code tag did not seem to work)

I’m not using it now because I’ve stopped traveling as much, now just once or twice a week for the day, although I’ve still got a couple more short trips planned before we get any substantial snow on the ground. I’ll probably move into the house some time in December so I can begin some of my more major winter projects. The ones being worked on now are the outside ones, and the ones pertaining to heat and ventilation, and the supplies needed for heat

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jack, I went to the site and they have a ton of great things. More toys for me to play with! Your season is ending while ours is getting good. Suzy and I are heading up to Lake Manatee this afternoon for some boating and Barthing.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to see if I could do it to.

http://jwct.com/Pegs/driving%20a%20Barth.gif

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Let me try again.

[IM G]http://jwct.com/Pegs/driving%20a%20Barth.gif[/IM G]

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post