Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Follow This! Give Advice 1974 Barth Remodel Starts NOW!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Follow This! Give Advice 1974 Barth Remodel Starts NOW!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Scott Stewart
posted
I have always been fascinated with the RV world, But could never afford one. Rented one in 1999 and went to CA. from MN then in 2004 went to Fl. and had a great time with the wife and 3 daughters and Bud my Son (8) Bud and I will be attempting to restore/remodel a 1974 Chevy Barth. Follow our journey on this site and facebook. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
www.Facebook.com - Scott Stewart I look a lot like Barry Gibb! Thanks!

Scott Stewart
612-490-3399

Posts: 46 | Location: Minnesota | Member Since: 06-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Scott - I reposted one of his pictures and added in several more from his Facebook account.

This Coach has only 3,000 miles on it and it's been parked for 8 years. He plans on vacuuming out the acorns from the air cleaner and driving it 100 miles home.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see some more interior pix and the floor plan. Those big windows in the back are unusual, so I'm thinking rear bed and a mid bath. In any case, you guys are gonna have a blast with this beauty.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I think I'm in love. And it has a BUSTLE. Keep us posted and please post the Data Tag when you can.

Oh, and you might want to put the copilots seat back where Bud will have a place to sit and enjoy his labor. Smiler

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Front wheels appear pointed straight ahead. Steering wheel cocked nearly a quarter turn to right . Hmmm?

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scott Stewart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olroy:
Front wheels appear pointed straight ahead. Steering wheel cocked nearly a quarter turn to right . Hmmm?
......I will check it out thanks! We light the candles the 454 next Sunday!

Scott Stewart
612-490-3399

Posts: 46 | Location: Minnesota | Member Since: 06-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scott Stewart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
I think I'm in love. And it has a BUSTLE. Keep us posted and please post the Data Tag when you can.

Oh, and you might want to put the copilots seat back where Bud will have a place to sit and enjoy his labor. Smiler
........ Bustle?? We will put the seat back and get her re upholstered as well! Do these things have seat belts?

Scott Stewart
612-490-3399

Picture of Scott Stewart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Can't wait to see some more interior pix and the floor plan. Those big windows in the back are unusual, so I'm thinking rear bed and a mid bath. In any case, you guys are gonna have a blast with this beauty.
........I love bunks in an RV but with the big windows I may do a sleeper on one side and a convertable Desk/dressing make-up station on the other I used to build home in Minnesota so Laying this thing out (design) will be the most fun.

Scott Stewart
612-490-3399

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Scott, the bustle is the trunk on the back. The later Barths don't have it

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Scott,

We bought our 1977 Barth "with bustle" for the same price that the scrap yard was going to pay! My advice to you is GO FOR IT!!.

Have fun, and if you have any questions at all, just ask on this site. Everyone is as helpful as they are nice! Big Grin

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Now, you and Bud sure have a project, the most important thing I can say, is, get her done mechanically, then be sure to ENJOY while the weather is nice. You have a real piece of history, and, with a little TLC you're really gonna have something.

I'm impressed that Bud will really be involved. That's a great Father and Son thing going on there, lucky Bud, and lucky Scott. Big Grin

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scott Stewart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T&T&B:
Scott,

Now, you and Bud sure have a project, the most important thing I can say, is, get her done mechanically, then be sure to ENJOY while the weather is nice. You have a real piece of history, and, with a little TLC you're really gonna have something.

I'm impressed that Bud will really be involved. That's a great Father and Son thing going on there, lucky Bud, and lucky Scott. Big Grin

Tina
We drew Blue prints tonight, still trying to figure out how to slide his queen bed under the bathroom? May have to adjust some stuff.

Scott Stewart
612-490-3399

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Stewart:
Do these things have seat belts?

Mine does. Both pass and driver belts bolt to the floor. I believe mine used large washers underneath, but in the interest of overkill, I ran steel bars from metal to metal underneath for the bolt attach points. I then welded nuts to the bars so removing and reinstalling the belts would be a one person job.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scott Stewart
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Im thinking a 5 point simpsom with roll bars. J/K
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Stewart:
Do these things have seat belts?

Mine does. Both pass and driver belts bolt to the floor. I believe mine used large washers underneath, but in the interest of overkill, I ran steel bars from metal to metal underneath for the bolt attach points. I then welded nuts to the bars so removing and reinstalling the belts would be a one person job.

Scott Stewart
612-490-3399

Picture of Scott Stewart
posted Hide Post
Hello, Polished the dash and started gutting the back today, Buds polished the tires and tore the doors off the cabinets, The generator started up with a little gas in the plug, But wont stay running? do these oanan generators have elec fuel pumps? Thinking corner gas fireplace with flat screen above, where the shower is, and moving shower to where the furnace and coat closet is. found cool Small modular couch at Target but not small enough boo Long way to go but VERY HAPPY with Our new Barth!
Big Grin

Scott Stewart
612-490-3399