Tools
Reply To This Topic

Decoration Day
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted
How many remember ?
An interesting bit of information: https://www.gettysburgflag.com...ory-of-american-wars

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
From the time I was an early teenager until I left home in the mid 60s, I went to the Sewickley Cemetary to put flags and flowers on the graves of family members that had died in WWI and WWII. How quickly we forget.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I have always felt humbled when trying to express my extreme sincere gratitude to those who gave away some part of, or all of, their life to support our country. God bless them all.

There are so many... Frowner

Perhaps someday we won't need soldiers any more and we could end the senseless nightmare called war. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps someday we won't need soldiers any more and we could end the senseless nightmare called war.

Amen!!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Steve VW:
I have always felt humbled when trying to express my extreme sincere gratitude to those who gave away some part of, or all of, their life to support our country. God bless them all.

[Perhaps someday we won't need soldiers any more and we could end the senseless nightmare called war.] hmm[/QUOTE]

Well said SteveVW.

But Let us never forget. And continue to remind folks what Memorial Day is all about. Not just the beginning of Summer. But a somber day of remembrance of those who fought and died for FREEDOM for us and others around the world.

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tool Man T:
Originally posted by Steve VW:

[Perhaps someday we won't need soldiers any more and we could end the senseless nightmare called war.] hmm

Well said SteveVW.

But Let us never forget. And continue to remind folks what Memorial Day is all about. Not just the beginning of Summer. But a somber day of remembrance of those who fought and died for FREEDOM for us and others around the world.[/QUOTE]

And continue to fight and die all over the world. Since 1970 there have been over 50000 terrorist attacks in Europe alone. Thousands have been killed or wounded. And the US sends our men and women to stand in the gap, to say to terrorists, no matter who they might be, we will not let these attacks go unpunished. We will be mourning our dead for decades to come. Our enemies don't wear uniforms any more, but they are just as deadly as those that did. Our men and women are not just fighting for the United States, they are fighting for the whole world

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post