Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Global warming?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Global warming?
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
Now that I have a glacier on my roof I can watch for signs of global warming! Can't wait for the ice shelf to calf away. ROTFLMAO

Shoveling the roof on Barth is one thing... this is ridiculous. I last time I even thought about shoveling the house was 20 years ago. head bang

Seems all I do lately is haul firewood and shovel snow. 3 weeks till I leave for Florida. I hope I can still get 86Barth and the trailer out to the road. confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
OH Boy, That is only one of the reasons I left Antioch IL area, but certainly a major one. got tired of blue fingers working on my trucks and tractors.

Here on the left coast we have been having record warm days. haven't seen this type of winter since 1976/1977. That was the year I moved here and very similar to this year, record warm days and NO RAIN!

I am getting be be a WUSS, I am cold and don't like our nights at 45 degrees. but at least we don't have bugs or fire ants!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Global Warming Indeed!

I resized and moved to Photobucket, where it belongs - Rusty Big Grin deadhorse

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops, that is one huge picture. I guess I forgot how to upload pictures on this site sorry. It must be all the snow went to my brain!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
A beautiful non-rolling lodge you have.
Notice that the doom-Sayers have CHANGED from "global warming" to "climate change".

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There are indications sunspot activity may be waning, and there are learned astrophysicists who think another Maunder Minimum could be in the offing as soon as 2015. "Global warming" would be the least of civilization's worries in that case.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Indeed, when I went back to college in the 70's, we were warned of an impending IGE AGE, not Global WARMING. However, it was to be caused by greenhouse gases from reckless industrial development, not reduced solar flares.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Notice that the doom-Sayers have CHANGED from "global warming" to "climate change".

I got to agree on that "climate change" it happens all the time here in MI. The past few winters have been really mild almost to the point where you hoped for a snow storm just to brake the monotony. Not this year we get at least two storms a week if I didn't have to work I'd hibernate till spring.

The weather gods claim this winter is like the one in 78 when we had the big blizzard, I got stranded in that one. It's that damn jet stream it just won't move keeps bringing us Alberta's weather. Oops the TV just flashed another Winter Storm Warning, crap getting tired of moving snow.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Yup, here in SUNNY California, we need rain desperately! With jet going so far North it has been unseasonably warm and NO RAIN, Very similar to the year I moved out here from Chicago/Milwaukee are, '76-'77. We have had some rain this past week but just a drizzle. Gotten really cold though, in the nearly 40 years I have been here I shrivel up when it gets below 45! HaHa. Sure is nice not to have to winterize the Breakaway. No problems with cold weather starting!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I shrivel up when it gets below 45!

45 would feel like a heat wave right now, heck it got up to 30 the other day and I started sweating.

Yeah I'm really hopping you guys get some rain soon, I've seen reports on the nightly news about the historic dry spell out there. I wish we could send you all this snow lets see 10"snow=1"inch of rain, we could send you about 6-7" of water. Not all at once of course.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
OK I order about a foot for Tennessee. hide

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Sent from an RV friend (About The Real Michigan):

"Dear Diary:

Aug. 12 - Moved into our new home in Michigan. It is so beautiful here. The hills and river valleys are so picturesque. I have a beautiful old oak tree in my front yard. Can hardly wait to see the change in the seasons. This is...truly God's Country.

Oct. 14 - Michigan is such a gorgeous place to live, one of the real special places on Earth. The leaves are turning a multitude of different colors. I love all of the shades of reds, oranges and yellows, they are so bright. I want to walk through all of the beautiful hills and spot some white tail deer. They are so graceful, certainly they must be the most peaceful creatures on Earth. This must be paradise.

Nov. 11 - Deer season opens this week. I can't imagine why anyone would want to shoot these elegant animals. They are the very symbol of peace and tranquility here in Michigan. I hope it snows soon. I love it here!

Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. I woke to the usual wonderful sight: everything covered in a beautiful blanket of white. The oak tree is magnificent. It looks like a postcard. We went out and swept the snow from the steps and driveway. The air is so crisp, clean and refreshing. We had a snowball fight. I won, and the snowplow came down the street. He must have gotten too close to the driveway because we had to go out and shovel the end of the driveway again. What a beautiful place. Nature in harmony. I love it here!

Dec. 12 - More snow last night. I love it! The plow did his cute little trick again. What a rascal. A winter wonderland. I love it here!

Dec. 19 - More snow - couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work in time. I'm exhausted from all of the shoveling. And that snowplow!

Dec. 21 - More of that white sh... coming down. I've got blisters on my hands and a kink in my back. I think that the snowplow driver waits around the corner until I'm done shoveling the driveway. A...hole.

Dec. 25 - White Christmas? More freakin' snow. If I ever get my hands on the s.o.b. who drives that snowplow, I swear I'll castrate him. And why don't they use more salt on these roads to melt this crap??

Dec. 28 - It hasn't stopped snowing since Christmas. I have been inside since then, except of course when that SOB "Snowplow Harry" comes by. Can't go anywhere, cars are buried up to the windows. Weather man says to expect another 10 inches. Do you have any idea how many shovelfuls 10 inches is??

Jan. 1 - Happy New Year? The way it's coming down it won't melt until the 4th of July! The snowplow got stuck down the road and the sh...head actually had the b...s to come and ask to borrow a shovel! I told him I'd broken 6 already this season.

Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house. We went to the store to get some food and a damn deer ran out in front of my car and I hit the bast.... It did $3,000 in damage to the car. Those beasts ought to be killed. The hunters should have a longer season if you ask me.

Jan. 27 - Warmed up a little and rained today. The rain turned the snow into ice and the weight of it broke the main limb of the oak tree in the front yard and it went through the roof. I should have cut that old piece of sh,,, into fireplace wood when I had the chance.

May 3 - Took my car to the local garage. Would you believe the whole underside of the car is rusted away from all of that damn salt they dump on the road? Car looks like a bashed up, heap of rusted cow sh....

May 10 - Sold the car, the house, and moved to Florida . I can't imagine
why anyone in their freakin' mind would ever want to live in the God forsaken State of
Michigan!"

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention the frozen pipes.
Eleven months of winter and 30 days of rain... head bang

June through December is OK, but I'm heading south earlier next year... should have stayed after Hillsborough Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
OK I order about a foot for Tennessee. hide

Be careful what you ask for. I've still got enough on the Barth roof to cover your driveway. Maybe I'll leave it there and deliver it to you on my way south. ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Response to Rusty's friends story about the real Michigan.
Minnesnowta and Wisconsin get tired of all the snow, call up an early temperature increase, with it comes rain and we downstreamers have to head for the hills until July 7th. No fireworks displays on the River no Spring Harbor Beautification Parties, just unending thawed waves of that Winter precipitation dumped on our Northern Brethren. (Who by this time are leaving their mosquito infested thawing landscape and heading South and West swearing they will not return to that land of penitence if there is a chance of relocation.) There is a possibility that this could become less than the whole truth but about 8 of the last 10 years would support most of this scenario.
Moral of the story: Sometimes it is better to be upstream. Especially if you have to drink the water.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post