Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Happy camping Spiegel
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted
Well, Tina and I had to put our beloved dog Spiegel down yesterday. I was dreading this for a long time but ya know her quality of life was declining and we were pretty sure the last GTG was going to be just that for her. I love dogs a whole lot and rarely have not had one around,.. but these days, I wonder if I ever want to go through that again. She was a good girl and she will be missed. She was Tina's companion through a whole lot and she will have a tough time with this. I posted a few pics for those that met her at the GTG's. The first is Spiegel at Bass Lake in the U.P.

Not a very flattering shot of her but she was hangin out at the pot luck dinner in front of Candice and Morris's Monarch at the Van Buren GTG last year.

Rest easy

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that she's not around anymore...sweet dog.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I am also sorry to hear about Spiegel.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Kris, having buried a few that I have had for years, It never gets easier and I say never again. Then along comes Hank and the joy starts all over again. No he doesn't replace the others but has his own special place in our life.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Tim&Gayle
posted Hide Post
a person told me along time ago
"The more the animals I meet the less the pepole I like" I knew it was true and still hold fast to those words I'm sure she will be missed greatly Frowner

alex my grandson
we snuck away over the
holidays for a little fun

Posts: 89 | Location: orlando florida | Member Since: 04-23-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Rest easy Spiegel.

2010 Milford GTG

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. That was a great dog.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
I too am sorry for your loss. It is O K to grieve when one loses a not human member of one's family. You will not be able to replace Spiegel but it will be alright to fill the empty space left by your dear friend. Do not be in a hurry just to have a replacement. Some day the right pal will just show up.
...been there done that X often.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss..... Dogs have been a big part of my life also and they sure do grow in our hearts... They are ALWAYS there when we need them and when thier quailty of life gets so hard for them they want and need us to do our part, even as hard as it seems it is our job... Be happy you got to spend so much time with such a sweetheart...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Spiegel looked like a very nice dog.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about Spiegel. I am still reluctant to get another after unexpectedly having to put our last golden retriever down in April. It does seem though, once you get another they tend to bring back the happier memories of the earlier companions.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
As people get up in years they fear getting a dog because they might out live them or not be able to care for them. There are many well behaved senior dogs at the rescues and shelters that would love to share their lat years with a caring master. God willing - I will never be without a dog or two or three.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/09
Picture of Gorman Newman
posted Hide Post
Kris & Tina, So sorry to hear that, what a beautiful pet. As coincidence would have it I too had to put down my 17 year old dog on Monday. I never dreamed I would ever have him for that long but boy what a good life. We know we will not have a pet that will live "our years" but what an accomplishment to give an animal such a chance at life and experiences. You had a beautiful dog that got to go camping....how neat is that!!! . I have much respect for people who love animals. Hopefully another will get to experience your generosity of your family and the love of your child. Take care .........Gorman

1995 Barth Mobile Office
P-30 454 23'
Data Tag 9505 S0002 23L 01

Posts: 61 | Location: Panama City Beach, Florida | Member Since: 08-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
HEAVEN'S DOGGY-DOOR

My best friend closed his eyes last night,
As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
And it was hard for him to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And OH...his many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart thats filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door"!

jan cooper '95

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Tina and I want to than you all for your kind words and encouragement.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post