Tools
Reply To This Topic

Modular Art walls
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
A while back in the chat room I metioned a project I was working on called Modular Art wall panels. The panels are 32" square and screw into anchors in the drywall. They cost 140 bucks each so "measure twice" goes without saying. After attaching to the wall the seams are filled with 45 minute joint compound mixed with a polymer additive and hand sanded smooth. The customer is really happy now that it's coming together.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
That must really hurt when you come to the corner and have to cut off a 6" piece and throw the rest away. Eeker How are you going to put baseboard over that?

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
They didn't want baseboard, but if you did, you'd put a 1x spacer under the first layer, then baseboard on top of that. If they had done that I wouldn't have to put a 5" piece on top and they would have saved 840 bucks!
Here's a recessed panel in the dining room.

and another of the living room further along.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Finished the wall today, the first coat of primer gets sprayed tomorrow. Already have 2 leads for more jobs.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
I hope your going to show us a pic after it is primed.... or better yet after it is painted...
Looks GOOD!!!

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Here it is with a coat of primer on all the seams. I touched it up today and now it gets 2 coats of primer and a coat of paint.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
After 10 coats of primer and paint and 3 touch ups, here it is.

79 Barth Classic

posted Hide Post
Please can you tell me how did you paint the walls, with roller or painting gun and what tipe of gun?
Thank you!

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1 | Location: US | Member Since: 11-22-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
It was primed and painted with a pro-style airless sprayer. The manufacturer provides the primer, and recommends a flat acrylic paint.

79 Barth Classic