Burning Man: Beyond Black Rock
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
I had no interest in this until I saw "Blue Girl". Now I'm rethinking..... confusion
Under the guise of art, and in total context to the integrity of the thread, I just might allow it. Big Grin

BTW: That image will enlarge if clicked on it too. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
appreciate that but I'm still confused. Kind of looks like an Airstream ralley from the air... Is is a rock-concert or music festival? Do they sit around and visit, drink or smoke themselves into oblivion?

YES!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
I think I got this figured out...

Woodstock.....45 years later.....stick/staple coaches with vinyl swirls instead of VW vans with painted flowers....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
For some reason this event is a biggie for the AirStream people.

AirStream

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
we all know how wild them Airstreamers party Big Grin
btw dustyjeeper - we won't take 80 back.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
I had no interest in this until I saw "Blue Girl". Now I'm rethinking..... confusion

HA HA got to agree with that!!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I had hoped to go sometime, but the recent ban on dogs killed that.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Found this beauty at the truckstop, they are ready for Burning Man! Never in my life seen so many RVs, especially rentals. There must not be one rental available this week. Real good business for this fuelstop, almost sold out of ice and beer! This is the last stop before heading up there. I guess Quartzsite turned Woodstock (I was too young for that).

Yes the dog ban sucks, we were talking about heading up there sometime and check it out.
BTW that fish is a fully functional car underneath. Would like to see the mutant vehicles aka art cars.

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
check this out
http://m.gawker.com/5837145/ho...eople-do-burning-man

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
This is so typical. A homegrown festival gets popular and all the wannabe cool rich people want "to get down to earth" to show off what their money can buy. Why is it that so many people with the talent for making money have so few other talents and no personality (Donald Trump?) Yeah, I know I'm stereotyping here and I apologize to the good rich folks I just dumped in with the rest.

When I was young we worked on fixing up cars/boats with much sweat and no money. We had some nice rigs, we OWNED them inside and out. Along comes the punk whose dad owns the car dealership with "his" fancy car. Didn't know squat about how it worked let alone how to run it. Wrecked it and his dad got him another one...

I think this is why I love the Barth and this group of people. Down to earth, older high quality rigs worth the effort to maintain, no factory support at any cost, forces self reliance and learning the rig (with the excellent help from this site and our generous gurus) Much like the wooden boat people I've met over the years. The price is the occasional propane leak, wiring problem, etc but the payoff is being able to fix and save money in the long run and the satisfaction of sharing the fix with the group.
I don't "feel the love" at the SOB sites. (I just love the SOB acronym, fits in multiple ways!)

Long live Barth and Barthmobile.com!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
I hear ya, Steve. There's always gonna be some buddy that thinks he's can look down on you because his is (pick one):
newer
bigger
faster

Rock on, Burners.

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Burning Man 2011

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
cool pics! Thanks Rusty. There are some remarkable art creations and a lot of wild people! (I think I would have enjoyed viewing the spectacle when I was young and foolish but nowdays I'd be fried in a day!)

Tickets are $300. There are 50,000 people there. Who gets the 15 MILLION dollars and where does it go? We could feed a lot of hungry people... We could build a few houses for humanity with all the wood they burned... (Geez, I am becoming an old and cranky wet blanket!)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post