Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

price Regency
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Keith Hopper
posted
I would like to hear informed thoughts and opinions on setting price 1987-8 Regency located in central Florida.

photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KuAgf5fwnxEzba6D8

details:

https://www.saltairstreams.com/Rhonda_ad_2.pdf

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Posts: 161 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Member Since: 03-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Not very informed, but that is a really nice unit. My guess is about $30k in todays market. Please don't hit me!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Keith I am always hesitant to speculate on value. All 3 of my Barth’s are not the normal sale. I may never win the lottery but I have with Barth’s.

Detailed pictures would help someone guesstimate a value.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Selling our vintage coaches is a strange market. Considering the the cost of newer replacement units I am always disappointed to see what our coaches go for.

I think one of the biggest problems is the banks are unwilling to finance if over ten years old. Another is the low number of Barth coaches in circulation. Many buyers are unfamiliar with the quality and durability of Barth coaches.

We seem to be trending toward a "throwaway" society where older equipment is not considered worth maintaining. There seems to be a smaller number of individuals with the skills to do things themselves.

All of these factors conspire to keep prices on old coaches lower than they should be IMHO.

Confusing the issue more, we often see the asking price for coaches, but not the actual selling price.

Getting to the point, my 1997 37ft Monarch is one of the newest/last Barths made. It sold new for over $200k. Ten years later it was sold for $50k. I bought it eight years later for $30k, only 15% of the original price. I have invested considerably more in it but I know I would be lucky to get $30k if I sold it.

So, I suspect the actual ceiling is in the neighborhood of $30k. Your coach is full size and in good condition, it deserves a good price. Good luck with your sale!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
We seem to be trending toward a "throwaway" society where older equipment is not considered worth maintaining.

Steve, I resent you talking about me this way Deadhorse Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Lol, Jim. I resemble that remark, too! ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keith Hopper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Not very informed, but that is a really nice unit. My guess is about $30k in todays market. Please don't hit me!!!!

Thanks

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Posts: 161 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Member Since: 03-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keith Hopper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
Keith I am always hesitant to speculate on value. All 3 of my Barth’s are not the normal sale. I may never win the lottery but I have with Barth’s.

Thanks

photos:

details:

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Picture of Keith Hopper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith Hopper:
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:

Thanks

photos:

details:

Just THREE Barths? I'm thinking you need FOUR

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith Hopper:

Just THREE Barths? I'm thinking you need FOUR

Oh no I am down to 2 and that is enough. I have far to many projects and not enough time or money.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post