Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    winegard satellite system
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

winegard satellite system
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of beeoh
posted
Just bought and installed a used semi-automatic older style winegard sat system (RD 9946) everything works as it should using the manual method in the positioner. I cannot get the other 2 methods to work (by lat and long or by city) To me it would seem that positioner would have to know which way motorhome and then of course the sat dish is pointing to start with before it can adjust automatically for either a lat/long or by city location. If this problem makes any sense to anyone please reply as I'm all ears. bob

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beeoh:
If this problem makes any sense to anyone please reply as I'm all ears. bob
The satellite system needs to know where true North is first before you can use the automatic seek.

Is there something you need to turn to the North first before you run the automatic seek? If not then maybe that is what's defective in your unit.

NOTE: I’m just being analytical (guessing, stab in the dark, reaching, etc) here, like you said, the law of reasoning would seem to suggest the unit needs a base point to start first.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I know that you are only in Vancouver but do you think there is a chance that you can't get a good line there. I understand that even in southern Ontario, 800 mile north of me in Minneapolis they have to have the bigger dishes because it is too far down on the southern horizon.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned sat system works as it should both mechanically and for reception even here on Vanc island...just can't understand how it should work the automatic way...bob

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post