Barthmobile Portal
winegard satellite system

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/6281085091

06-15-2006, 09:24 PM
beeoh
winegard satellite system
Just bought and installed a used semi-automatic older style winegard sat system (RD 9946) everything works as it should using the manual method in the positioner. I cannot get the other 2 methods to work (by lat and long or by city) To me it would seem that positioner would have to know which way motorhome and then of course the sat dish is pointing to start with before it can adjust automatically for either a lat/long or by city location. If this problem makes any sense to anyone please reply as I'm all ears. bob

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig
06-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by beeoh:
If this problem makes any sense to anyone please reply as I'm all ears. bob
The satellite system needs to know where true North is first before you can use the automatic seek.

Is there something you need to turn to the North first before you run the automatic seek? If not then maybe that is what's defective in your unit.

NOTE: I’m just being analytical (guessing, stab in the dark, reaching, etc) here, like you said, the law of reasoning would seem to suggest the unit needs a base point to start first.

Bill N.Y.
06-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Dave Bowers
I know that you are only in Vancouver but do you think there is a chance that you can't get a good line there. I understand that even in southern Ontario, 800 mile north of me in Minneapolis they have to have the bigger dishes because it is too far down on the southern horizon.

06-16-2006, 01:58 PM
beeoh
As I mentioned sat system works as it should both mechanically and for reception even here on Vanc island...just can't understand how it should work the automatic way...bob

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig