Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Replace Front TV with larger unit
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Replace Front TV with larger unit
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I would like to replace the front TV with a little larger unit. My rig is a 1988 40' regency. Any suggestions, commments, thoughts on this subject is appreciated.

Al

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Al,

We had it professionally done at a coversion place. However, we only went from the chincy little 9 in Phillip DC, to a 13 inch Sony AC. We either use an inverter or plug it in directly. The 13in wss able to fit in the same spot with out major cabinet modification. Now one problem is that to not have to do major cabinet modification you need to get a TV that has the speakers facing the side rather than to the front. Then the conversion company cut about 3 in. holes in the side and install little grills that you can get at radio shack. It is worth the work and money just to have a remote.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem and I've been thinking about putting a thin screen TV in front by fabricating a bracket. I've figured out that a 17"-20" will fit in my 28' Regal. The thin screens weigh a lot less but the price is still too high. If the cost of redoing the cabinets plus putting in a regular TV comes close to matching the cost of a thin screen-I'd opt for it. Good luck, Ed

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post