Barthmobile Portal
Replace Front TV with larger unit

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/1011008061

10-10-2002, 10:47 AM
Al Benton
Replace Front TV with larger unit
I would like to replace the front TV with a little larger unit. My rig is a 1988 40' regency. Any suggestions, commments, thoughts on this subject is appreciated.

Al
10-10-2002, 12:20 PM
davebowers
Hi Al,

We had it professionally done at a coversion place. However, we only went from the chincy little 9 in Phillip DC, to a 13 inch Sony AC. We either use an inverter or plug it in directly. The 13in wss able to fit in the same spot with out major cabinet modification. Now one problem is that to not have to do major cabinet modification you need to get a TV that has the speakers facing the side rather than to the front. Then the conversion company cut about 3 in. holes in the side and install little grills that you can get at radio shack. It is worth the work and money just to have a remote.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer
10-10-2002, 12:35 PM
Ed Chevalier
I have the same problem and I've been thinking about putting a thin screen TV in front by fabricating a bracket. I've figured out that a 17"-20" will fit in my 28' Regal. The thin screens weigh a lot less but the price is still too high. If the cost of redoing the cabinets plus putting in a regular TV comes close to matching the cost of a thin screen-I'd opt for it. Good luck, Ed