Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

polishing aluminum
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of vdubnut
posted Hide Post
I saved it and hosted it on my flickr set...

-Mike

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
1973 25 Foot
P30 Chevy with 454
73021247MC25
Follow My blog
http://73Barth.blogspot.com

Posts: 39 | Location: Bellevue, WA | Member Since: 01-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vdubnut:
Thanks Lee! I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way. Probably won't try to start (seriously) on this for a couple more months, I hope to have it polished and painted by June as we are taking it to my cousin's wedding.

Have a few things to take care of inside before I attack the exterior, but I'm sure I'll be asking some questions as I go.

I'm going to go with a 1/2 Polish exterior. The top section around the windows is going to be painted to match the interior. (Bustle down in the rear, Hood and below in the front.)

I figure I might be able to get it done in a few weekends. Smiler
good luck from greg lee's is ths shiniest

Posts: 73 | Location: mosquito valley ohio(west central ohio) | Member Since: 12-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hop e yours shiny,shiny is nice !

Posts: 73 | Location: mosquito valley ohio(west central ohio) | Member Since: 12-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vdubnut:
I saved it and hosted it on my flickr set...

hey vdub is that the interior pics link on your page,with the red interior?man thats nice and it has a drop down bunk above seats,pretty cool ! Smiler

posted Hide Post
That would be my 1969-70 Barth on board the ossprey
ferry crossing Kootenay Lake from Crawford bay to Nelson B.C.

Picture of our Baby

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 02-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vdubnut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greg:
hey vdub is that the interior pics link on your page,with the red interior?man thats nice and it has a drop down bunk above seats,pretty cool ! Smiler

Yes, that is my interior. I will be matching the "Blood Red" as I like to call it on the exterior as well. Getting rid of all the yellow, brown and grey/silver paint on the exterior this summer... Polishing the Bottom up to where the brown starts now, and continuing along the top above the awning rail. The portion that is currently Brown (wood grain vinyl) and a bit higher after I remove the top trim line will be painted and wrapped around to the front under the windshield. The rear will be painted above the bustle around the rear window. Each curved vertical piece and the round section to the roof will both be polished as well.

But I think the polished with the red will tie the interior to the exterior nicely.

-Mike

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
1973 25 Foot
P30 Chevy with 454
73021247MC25
Follow My blog
http://73Barth.blogspot.com

Posts: 39 | Location: Bellevue, WA | Member Since: 01-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post