Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

new seats
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Boy did we get off the .I will try to send pics then back to the Indian. They are in photo bucket

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
More thread drift; Bill are you and Susan gonna spend any time in Q-site? We are going to be there the 20th-23rd for another bus rally at Rice Ranch. Would love to get together if you are in the area.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Speaking of bikes and Bonneville, i have an article that i cut out of some magazine a few years ago that shows Rollie Free wearing swim trunks laying on the back fender of a Vincent Black Shadow setting a record speed at the time of 150.3 mph, back in the late 40's or early 50's? Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
Speaking of bikes and Bonneville, i have an article that i cut out of some magazine a few years ago that shows Rollie Free wearing swim trunks laying on the back fender of a Vincent Black Shadow setting a record speed at the time of 150.3 mph, back in the late 40's or early 50's? Smiler

Late '40s, I think. In college, I knew a subsequent owner of that bike. I always bowed my head in the presence of that bike. He donated it to the Ford Museum in Dearborn, where he ended up working for Ford as an engineer.

I never met Rollie Free, and as a callow youth, did not look hard enough at the Vincent to take it all in. He was a former Indian racer, so played a big part in helping Burt Munro at BV.

I was, however, able to check out Barn Job, another famous Vincent. Not owning a Vincent is one of the tragedies of my life. I can't believe how dumb I was.

quote:
More thread drift; Bill are you and Susan gonna spend any time in Q-site?

Yes, but who knows where or when. We will be doing stuff up at the valley, so a lot depends on a lot. But, we will probably be in Q for Speed Week, and look forward to seeing you both.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
I was able to stop by the Vincent Owners Club national rally that was held in Niagara Falls last summer just in time to see the legendary Vincent known as "Gunga Din" started up in the parking lot of the VOC rally site.
It is one loud old bike!!
I rode over on my old Royal Enfield Interceptor ... nobody was impressed with a simple old British vertical twin!
Don

http://www.wheels.ca/News%20an...tures/article/791907

quote:

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post